Thread: CF Wiring question

Default CF Wiring question

Hi, i made a schematic of a Tri-Rebel colourchangin clashflash crystal chamber double bargraph lightsaber >>> Clicky <<<

My question is A)will it work? and B)will the Tri-Rebel and the Crystal still flicker?

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Umm... I get hella confused when I look at wiring diagrams, but... the only thing I'm noticing (maybe?) is that your "accent crystal chamber LEDs" will probably be stealing current from the main RGB LED.

Otherwise... it APPEARS to be good. Although (this is hard to explain)... one of your clash flash leads to the extender board is... on the "bottom" lead of the extender instead of the top like the other two. Is this on purpose? Am I missing something? Probably.

Again... this is just a quick glance at the diagram, and... I suck eggs at interpreting the diagrams, heheh
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Uhm, no, that was a mistake, the clash-pad was supposed to be connected to the same place everywhere...

Allso, the fact that the Crystal chamber is stealing current is not neccessarily bad thing, since i can set the CF at 1000mA, which would initially overdrive the LED, so maybe this will make it more bearable for the RGB.

Anyway, thanks for your eggsucking interpretation .

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Lead the indicator LED negatives back to the battery - pad and you'll avoid the "stealing" current thing altogether.

Overall... it's not a good idea to "steal" current from the main LED unless you're certain of what you are doing.

Additionally... if your main LED fails... becomes disconnected... or you someday forget and set the LED current to (say) 10 or 20 or 0...

...you could blow your indicator LEDs (flood of current!!)
    ...you could super-heat any resistors that are there(?) to protect your indicator LEDs.

It's not really a *GIANT* deal, but... still. An easy solution to do it correctly vs. using a shortcut that buys time/space/complication (which would be understandable).
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide