Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: US 2.0 Troubleshooting

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_rob View Post
    So...anybody know if erv's got any cf4's left?
    Completely wrong thread man, this is for the US2.0 not the CF. Two completely different animals.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSWG View Post
    If you must use Alkalines, I'd suggest using 7.5+ volts instead of 6.
    I thought the recommended voltage was 4.5v

Quote Originally Posted by valeon View Post
    Completely wrong thread man, this is for the US2.0 not the CF. Two completely different animals.
    I know. It was a joke. Been watching this thread because I was getting ready to order a US over the weekend, but after this, I'm gonna wait and see how it all plays out. Hence, my joke - Maybe I should go with cf instead - Just trying to lighten the mood a little. New hardware of any kind is bound to be buggy to an extent. It happens. The true test of a company, I think, is not if their product is a little buggy, but how willing they are to fix it. So, we'll see.
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_rob View Post
    I know. It was a joke. Been watching this thread because I was getting ready to order a US over the weekend, but after this, I'm gonna wait and see how it all plays out. Hence, my joke - Maybe I should go with cf instead - Just trying to lighten the mood a little. New hardware of any kind is bound to be buggy to an extent. It happens. The true test of a company, I think, is not if their product is a little buggy, but how willing they are to fix it. So, we'll see.
    We haven't verified if the board is buggy or if the power and switch requirements are just higher than we thought. We are working on that right now. A more stable power supply, like Li-Ions, and a high quality switch are not exactly game breakers for people who spent over a hundred bucks on a single component.

How about you wait until after the holidays before posting your snide, unhelpful comments? We've got the whole team working on Thanksgiving and still we get the attitude. Unbelievable.
    http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

More info from the designer:

in my EXTENSIVE tests the sound controller worked perfectly, but when using low quality switches (like tapping two wires together) it almost always locked up... technically the reason for this is that the switch input goes directly into an interrupt port on the microcontroller. The interrupt has high priority so it can overload the chip with too many commands. However, it was an effective solution to allow the same switch to both wake the circuit from sleep mode, and to be used as a general purpose user input.
    So in other words, this isn't a bug. Don't use a cheap switch, use a good quality, low-bounce switch.

I'm still talking to the designer about the power requirements.
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

That's strange. I've run my Lux Rebel (green) in overdrive mode without any problems. (did you notice the girl's voice is clearer when she says "Luxeon 3 overdrive"?)

I got mine installed in a hilt and it is working sort of OK. Sometimes everything works fine (power up/swing/clash/power down). I do need to flip the kill switch a few times to get it to boot up but it always does eventually. I've had it go dead in the middle of programming - needed to re-boot. It also turned off without the power down sound when I was powering off - had to re-boot. It's very tempermental.

Quote Originally Posted by valeon View Post
    So, about a lux 3 smoking in overdrive mode. What's up with that? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Diah View Post
    That's strange. I've run my Lux Rebel (green) in overdrive mode without any problems. (did you notice the girl's voice is clearer when she says "Luxeon 3 overdrive"?)

I got mine installed in a hilt and it is working sort of OK. Sometimes everything works fine (power up/swing/clash/power down). I do need to flip the kill switch a few times to get it to boot up but it always does eventually. I've had it go dead in the middle of programming - needed to re-boot. It also turned off without the power down sound when I was powering off - had to re-boot. It's very tempermental.
    A Luxeon burning up in Overdrive mode sounds like poor heat management on the user side. /shrug

Jedi Diah, can you elaborate on what power setup you're using? That would be very helpful. Thanks!
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

We haven't verified if the board is buggy or if the power and switch requirements are just higher than we thought. We are working on that right now. A more stable power supply, like Li-Ions, and a high quality switch are not exactly game breakers for people who spent over a hundred bucks on a single component.

How about you wait until after the holidays before posting your snide, unhelpful comments? We've got the whole team working on Thanksgiving and still we get the attitude. Unbelievable.
    We all know your doing your best and I for one appreciate it very much! so there are some glitches it aint like it cant be fixed ,like I said befor it will work out. I like my board for this is my first board of its type. Once my li-ions get here and get a better mom switch it 'll work like a charm but if a fix is offered later, sure i'll take if it means it will run smoother.

samurai_rob: I know it was a joke but bad time for it these guys are working on Thanksgiving to try to make things better, they could have waited till Monday to adress anything so this give me a sense of great customer support from Ultra and his team. Can we get back to this day of thankfulness and be thankful that Ultra and his team are working on it, or at least offering solutions at the moment. To everyone else have a great Holiday and lets be civil.
    Sith Happens

Also can you Ultra ask the designer what type of switch to get and where to get it, the one I'm using is the guarded mom type form Tim's shop
    Sith Happens

I'm using Tim's 4xAAA pack with speaker with a power interrupt latching switch and a tactile switch for the on/off. That latching switch helps a lot so I don't have to keep removing the battery.

A Luxeon burning up in Overdrive mode sounds like poor heat management on the user side. /shrug

Jedi Diah, can you elaborate on what power setup you're using? That would be very helpful. Thanks!