Thread: My newest build, inspired by Madcow of Genesis Custom Sabers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My newest build, inspired by Madcow of Genesis Custom Sabers

I, like many others, love the designs of the amazing Rob "Madcow" Petkau, including the saber so great it's already had two runs (maybe three soon?):

The Corran Horn Lightsaber

Since I haven't been able to convince my lovely wife to allow me to spend that much money (at one time, at least), I built my own. This thing has been in process for about 2 years now, mainly due to work, school, kids, wife, and other assorted craziness, but it's finally finished. Well, until I device to make changes. Big shout out to Rob, Tim (TCSS), Naigon, Darth Ryo, darthxusia, and Sanjuro for their contributions.

Note: This saber is not for sale, nor will it ever leave my collection, out of respect for Rob's ownership of the design.

All MHS parts
    Powder coating done by yours truly
    NEC Igniter Mini R5
    NEC Z6 LED
    Main chassis and crystal chamber by Darth Ryo (CC paint job by me, it was ordered as black flexible rather than metal to save cash)
    Crystal is a Herkimer Diamond (actually a type of quartz)
    Custom Copper buttons
    Kill-key by Sanjuro
    Custom Dual-Phase sound from darthxusia, pulled from DMC4 (sword rev sound, this is a speeder bike handle, right? In fact, this sound is the sole reason this build has an Igniter!)

Side note, the saber bag was not created for this build but for my personal design (awaiting some CC love). It was custom made by Defcon4.

Last edited by TrypWyr; 10-05-2015 at 11:07 PM.