Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
The PC's regulation you're referring to is the Drive setting in the Config, right? The NB has a Drive setting as well. Wouldn't such a setup (with the 3.7v battery instead of the 7.4v, obviously) be just as plausible? Meaning the RBG LED could forego resistors and use the Drive setting to regulate the dice? I would think that wiring them in parallel and using the Drive setting to maintain it without overdriving the dice would be safe but I haven't been able to try it yet and I don't wanna screw up a LEDengin or Tri-Rebel without being sure.

I ask [besides the relevance] because I'm trying to get the multi-die LEDs figured out for myself as well. I personally don't mind dealing with pink [I'd rather have pink than purple anyway] if that's the price for not using resistors.
Yes, I've done exactly that. I used the drive adjust on the NB to lower the output for a Tri-Rebel R/Rb/G. I had to put a resistor on the red die, but not on the blue or green. Both were pretty close to the 3.7 V anyway, so the adjustment wasn't much. I lowered it to about 3.45 V and haven't had any problems. The red will definitely need a resistor though, as it's rating is much lower than the other two. 3.45 V was still quite a bit high for the red die.