Thread: "Delta" - MHS Reveal with Crystal Chamber

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "Delta" - MHS Reveal with Crystal Chamber

Hey fellow saber enthusiasts! I've been here and there for a little while and it's been a while since I posted a complete build. Well, I'm back and here's my most recently completed project.

The owner of this saber contacted me via a social networking site. He had some MHS parts and wanted to bring them to life a bit more than just the stock "kit". His stipulations were an amber blade, PCv2.0 w/ FoC?, a crystal chamber, and some kind of weathering. I give this client all my respect since he was extremely patient with me during this process. Things in the project changed and I also had some setbacks in life which results in delays. So again, I thank him very much for all of his patience. He has also named this saber "Delta".

He originally sent a link to a Madcow saber in which he wanted the weathering to be closely replicated. I spoke to the always-nice Snowman Assassin himself and he said he didn't have a huge problem with it as long as it wasn't too similar. I experimented with some different weathering techniques and came up with one of my personal favorite weathering schemes that I've done to-date.

Specs

- Send-in MHS Pieces-
    - PCv2.0 running Madcow's "Fates" with custom boot-
    - Tri-CREE RGB mixed for Amber w/ Violet FoC? -
    - 7.4V 14650 Battery Pack -
    - "Matte-Worn" Weathering -
    - Quartz Crystal Chamber w/ Custom-Machined Brass hardware -
    - Full Chassis System -
    - 2W Speaker -

Project Pics
    [size=8pt]*look kids! Wiring pics!*[/size]

Detail

DONE!

Video
    [size=10pt]Video is zoomed for me in Fullscreen; no idea why. Working on it.[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbZpWxU3BwI
    Last edited by Takanis; 11-19-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)