The third in what I'm dubbing my "Bronysaber" series, this is Lyra. Based the pony of the same name, Lyra Heartstrings, this saber takes design and style cues based on her. I previously made a "unicorn horn" lightsaber, so I didn't wanna repeat myself for another unicorn-based lightsaber. This saber is very heavily inspired by the famous Luke Skywalker saber.

This is not only my most complicated saber in terms of design, and my first to use an accent LED. Yeah, I'm straying away from my "simple and practical" design mantra. Although this is pretty simple when you look at it.. the accent led is just nice. I wanted to give it a try and see how I like it; since the NBv1 has a 3.3v pad for accent leds, I couldn't resist. But I digress. One of the fun features of this saber is the holed emitter, in that it's a very underused one (seriously, why? It's a cool emitter!) and it can very faithfully emulate the glow of a unicorn's magic aura. Since it's a unicorn horn lightsaber, it only makes sense to have it glow outside of just the blade, no?

But enough gabbing about the little details. Time for the details and the pictures! And there's quite a few pictures, as well as a video!

SPECS
  • All MHS parts
  • Nano Biscotte V1.0 (Darkmeat + custom "Yoshi" boot)
  • Seoul P4 (green)
  • Single cell 18650, 3.7V, 2600mAh
  • Recharge port + kill key
  • Accent LED (green)
  • 2W bass speaker
  • Momentary antivandal switch

THE VIDEO
I apologize for the poor angle. I still don't have a dedicated space for video, since I share a workspace with my dad in the garage. But it still covers everything and features the other half of the pair, Bon Bon.

THE PICTURES

And the pony that inspired the entire project.

Thanks for reading and watching and everything! I love this hobby and being able to make fun sabers like this.