Thread: First Saber - needs a name

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First Saber - needs a name

Hiya

here is my first saber, it weighs in at around 14" (hand and a half style)

There is a LOT of "cram" and not much "fu" with this effort...

Pretty much everything is removeable (lots of PC style disconnects which do take up quite a lot of room)

Based on a Hasbro sound board (Force action Obi-Wan I believe), I have run the original blade lights as crystal chamber accent lights (after changing them from blue to red) which will hopefully contain some real quartz crystal points (mounted in silicone sealant for shock protection). The speaker is forward mounted in front of the crystal chamber. Power is supplied by 4 x 1800mAh AAA batteries in series

Main lighting is a Lux3 equivalent el-cheapo ebay hong-kong star. it's OK, but I want something redder (to go with my red poly blade!) Any suggestions on the red LED?

It's powered from a 1000ma buck puck and relay setup from the hasbro board, I'm trying to come up with a simple way of ramping the brightness, and to "shimmer" the blade instead of the hasbro "flash it all on and off" solution (a large-ish capacitor perhaps?)

I'm still in two minds on the length of the blade. I currently have it at about 35" and it seems a bit un-wieldly for me, so I may take it down to 30" or so

anyways, enough blabber... you want pics!

Further pics to follow when I have more done....
    Attached Images Attached Images