Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: custom blaster from airsoft parts

Default custom blaster from airsoft parts

Ok here is something i put together from various airsoft parts and a General Grievous Hasbro blaster. The sound card from the blaster is a 4 volt setup. Which worked out great as i switched out the led it came with, with a class III laser emitting diode from a cheap airsoft laser aimer. I did this because i wanted to have a blaster that actually had range to it and not just a red light in the barrel. And i do realize this is something not to be pointed in someones face though it is nice to "blast" someone and actually see a red dot on them.
    Here is the laser diode and a wip pic.

Power pack in the grip, had to make it from 3 n cell single holders.

Here is the blaster.

And here is the dot/blast. It is on the door a little hard to see over the flash.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Default ...

Completely jealous. I'll never be able to do a blaster. x.x Not really too sure on what to do for parts.

Looks good! Man I really need to sit down and get mine done.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

This is just a personal opinion, but I think the scope is too long. Otherwise, the rest of it looks great!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Completely jealous. I'll never be able to do a blaster. x.x Not really too sure on what to do for parts.
    What kind of attitude is that? It can be challenging, you have to source your own parts, not buy them from a store that has everything you need, and you have to figure out how to mount things. It can be an adventure though.

Boy, your work area is messier than mine is.

What's that white blaster that's in halves? Looks like it still has a board in it.

I always enjoy seeing your builds.

Is the laser diode in the barrel? What's that greeblie-ish thing hanging below the barrel?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

The blaster in parts is the grievous blaster I gutted for this one and the board in the pic is from that one but had been removed from it at that point, the other sound card you see in the bottom of th pic is from the rubies han solo blaster. As for placement of the laser diode it is in what used to be the barrel housing inside the gun, it is the piece in the pic off tho the left with the red and black wires running to it. The thing below the barrel is just an attempt to work in random parts I needed to use to put other parts on and fill in a few gaps. But I tend to think of it as a sort of cooling system for the barrel in a more functional respect.
    Last edited by Goltar Bias; 01-09-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Looks good except the scope looks out of place as obi mentioned.

Very nice blaster.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

According to the ad, the Greivous blaster runs on 3V, your first post says 4 volts, did you mean 4.5? What's going on with that battery pack? Did you put 2 together? It's kind of ugly, but guess no one is going to see it.

You're lucky you had a board that drove an LED (I'm assuming, not a bulb), you already had the wires going from the board and could use a SPST switch. When I did my Nerf Recon conversion, I used as many parts as I could that I already had and my board was just a sound board, so I had to run the LED off the batteries and needed a DPDT switch.

What did you use for the barrel? Does the trigger activate the switch?

Nobody but me is making specific comments, except for the sight being too long, and I agree with that. And nobody is asking any questions but me, either.

And then there's Kal with his boring, generic sounding compliment.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!