Thread: Replacement Sensors?

Default Replacement Sensors?

Hey guys

I'm wondering - the replacement swing and clash sensors in the shop, are they designed specifically for any board? The motion detection is not great in a Hasbro (economy) board and I thought it might improve the board if I used the replacement sensors. Any input?

Thanks
    Scott

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

They are the same sensors that are on the FX saber boards, I don't if the specifications are the same as the ones the Economy Hasbro boards.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I think that the motion sensor actually is pretty good, but because the idle "hum" file is so long, it can only play the swing sound after second after another swing.

Hope you underestand, this was hard to explain.

the sensors itself shouldnt make a differnence.. its sort of a 'dumb' component.. meaning it only does 1 thing.. 'complete' a circuit/connection..

its how the checking of the sensors and handling of the event when it happens that is key, and would probably be the cause of a 'slow' action as stated above.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ok, that makes sense. It's just kind like a switch, anyway, duh.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

exactly like a switch...

but the comments abotu being 'slow', would have to do with the detection of the 'switch', and how thats handled..

which I have no clue of... probaly an external/hardware interrupt pin or something.

It seems that I looked at this the wrong way. I understand now.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

no problem, (IMHO)..

and a decent honest question.. if you arent familiar with the sensor itself and how those type of things work.. you wouldnt know until you asked.

(everybody's gotta start somewhere)

If I may ask an impertinent question, does anyone know if these sensors (particularly the Swing) have a max voltage/amperage/wattage/fry point? I'm toying with the idea of using one as a momentary switch and throwing it right into the main power circuit, but if it's only rated for half a volt or 10mA...I suppose I could just risk the 25 cents to find out myself, but I'm impatient.
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You might as well try it... They are all of 50 cents or whatever.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!