Thread: Another tedious stock question (Color Extender and Battery Charger)

Default Another tedious stock question (Color Extender and Battery Charger)

So, I saw the CF and Prizm come back in stock really quickly today, but I never saw the CEX or PC come up, and now the CF is back out of stock. While I managed to snag one (out of fear of this very thing happening and me missing my window to finish this saber), I was wondering a few things:

1) Did the regular PC ever come back in stock and I just missed out on it?
    2) Did the Color Extender boards get restocked with the sound boards and I missed it?
    3) And what about 7.4V chargers? Or the Style 5 kill keys, for that matter?

I've been refreshing the pages for these things periodically for the past few days, and the only thing I saw come back into stock was the Crystal Focus board. Did I miss out? Are these things planned to be restocked soon-ish? While the CF is really the last thing I needed for this new build to be mostly finished, I was really looking to grab a Color Extender so I can really bring my custom LED die to life, and that battery charger is going to be a pain too, since I have a 3.7V pack in my other saber and don't really wanna screw with mixing voltages in my new 7.4V saber.

I was also curious about whether or not the PC ever came in, since that was the one I had my eye on (being what I used in my last saber) for this build, but when I never saw it and had a sinking feeling that the CFs were all going to run out soon, I grabbed what I could as fast as possible.

I know you guys must be getting tired of these stock questions, especially with the rush towards Christmas and Ep. VII meaning sabers are being built at lightspeed, I was just wondering if I should be sitting here with the CEX page refreshing periodically, or if they did blink in and out of stock already and it'll be a while before they come back up.

1. Not that I'm aware of.
    2. Same as #1.
    3. Not sure, I haven't been tracking them.

I know I saw the Power Extenders get restocked. The CEX's shouldn't be far behind.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

The CEX's didn't come in, and aren't expected until after Thanksgiving. PC's will be stocked "next". When? don't know, but ASAP. Other stuff will be stocked as it is either produced or it comes in.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks for your quick response. I might keep an eye out for the PCs, since I made a bit of a mess with my first saber build, and might be upgrading the electronics with everything I've learned in this new saber, including the benefits of actually building a chassis.

Meanwhile, I'll get the CF mounted up so I can get this one up and ready. It's a present for a friend that I promised him a year or so back, but promptly ran out of money to make as I lost my old job. Now, with his birthday coming up and Ep VII looming, I really want to get him something more than a pretty hilt. Hopefully, I've designed this thing and its wiring much nicer than my own saber, which should mean I'll have the CF ready and willing to accept the CEX board without much fuss, while running his saber in single-LED mode up until then. Hell, he was so stoked when it was just a hilt with a buckpuck, just showing him a saber with sound will make him like a kid. I'll admit... I am a little jealous of his new saber with the CF, and am tempted to wait for the PCs, slap that in his (I would've just transplanted my old one, but it's hacked for 3.7V and his hilt was designed with the 7.4V side-by-side pack in mind) and steal this board for my own.

But then I remember that I'll have to do a full teardown and rebuild of my saber, since it's an ugly mess inside right now. But I'll see what I have left over as far as connectors and wire and other spare parts go once I've finished up this new one. As it is, I over-ordered the acrylic chassis parts, so I DO have the materials to work on polishing my first build. The upside of this is: since I bill monthly with my new job, by the time the CEX boards come in, I may have enough spare change to order a full rebuild, since I sorta borked my FoC wiring and have been limping along on (but loving) my single-LED result. I just wouldn't mind having it work properly, ya know?

Again, thanks for the quick response. I didn't want to bother people with (yet another) stock update question, but a big part of it was making sure I didn't miss a window. It's a relief to know that I just need to keep my eyes open.

FJK, any idea on when the stock levels might catch up so it isn't "We put them into the system in the morning, and they are sold out by lunch?"

Quote Originally Posted by BartElroy View Post
    FJK, any idea on when the stock levels might catch up so it isn't "We put them into the system in the morning, and they are sold out by lunch?"
    There is is no way of knowing right now. Everyone is doing their best to build/produce everything everyone wants. Luckily (for you guys) you never suffered through the great sound card shortages of 4-5 years ago, when CF's were only produced in batches of 20 or 30 and all of the options weren't even developed yet.

TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com