Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Concepts & Sketches

SaberBuilder_render.jpg

This is my plan. I have poor drawing skills, and I hate that those different art applications take up space, so I took my original design from the editor.

You know those open slits near the bottom of the saber? I plan to add some clear plastic and put some LEDs and a crystal behind it. Simply a show saber, but once I find a way to engrave it and add non-mediocre art, it will really be a beautiful piece. This is my first saber, but I already have the plans. It will have a D-ring and probably a nice Corbin blade.

This is supposed to resemble a lightsaber from the Old Republic era. It's actually in the book I plan to write. Just give me some tips to make it true to the era. Thanks!

One problem you are going to have with this design is that the extension and the pommel both are male threaded.

Hi Guys, newb here

I had a go at doing a Revan type mock up on Excel as i do not have any fancy software. I am still to make my first saber, this is a little ambitious as there are no Revan/Kotor like blade holders like this off the peg.... hmmm (one to add TCSS?) I think I could find a way to do most of it apart from the blade holder, but one for the future i think!
    Saber3v3.jpg

This is one i am pondering making at present from TCSS, simple and nice, maybe a sleeved element later on.. 04-14v2.jpg

Best

Dan

Couple of renders of saber designs I wish I could have made. anybody thinks they can make one let me know the details.Sith sabers.jpgand My saber symbol.jpg
    Plainer pic My saber.jpg
    The second saber before I curved it.

T
    Last edited by Khaine1969; 07-22-2014 at 06:37 PM.

I really like the look of number 1, but the one that probably could get built the easiest would be #3.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Straight out of the "Old Republic" sketchbook, with a twist or two. What do the pommel views look like?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Pommel view? You mean as in looking straight at it isometric style from the back..... or more like a rear view looking down the length?

T

Rear view looking down the length.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

If your really curious I could dig out the model(sure I have it saved somewhere) and re-render it from a different angle, but it would take a while.

T
    Actually, after looking at some of these ideas people are posting, and given it some thought.....I might be convinced to turn some of these into renders so the original artist could see what it would look like in 3D. If that interests anybody (serious only) let me know.
    Last edited by Khaine1969; 07-22-2014 at 07:31 PM.