Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crossover Saber Concept: Portal

Default Crossover Saber Concept: Portal

I thought about this a year or so ago when I started getting into custom sabers - I just hadn't made the time to put a render/sketch together. Well, I put together a scale render of the portal gun in Sketchup a couple years ago - I push/pulled some elements from that file and my Callandor file (didn't want to reinvent the wheel) and came up with this. Someone, please, please make this and send it to me for Christmas.

This is awesome. Just need a blue one to go with it. When someone does make this, we need to see it.

It needs to have blue FoC

As the self-proclaimed resident Crossover Jedi, I approve of this design 100%.
    Definitely has to use a RO-RO-B Tri-Rebel, or an AAB.

I bet those white panels are doable. Kydex maybe? or something similarly easy to work. Resin of some sort. Not an expert here but I feel in my heart it can be done. The rest should be simple enough.
    "It makes it so much more interesting when the odd are stacked against you, don't you think?" -- Han Solo (from Force Heretic III: Reunion)

My first Saber in progress!

It's proof of concept for sure but I don't know if the shrouds would be as distinct - that is an MHS emitter 1:1 scale, you might recognize it - so the scale of this render, the white covers that is, may not be very realistic or easy to handle in the real world. May be a display piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyby Knight View Post
    I bet those white panels are doable. Kydex maybe? or something similarly easy to work. Resin of some sort. Not an expert here but I feel in my heart it can be done. The rest should be simple enough.

I can't get my jaw off the floor. This is an incredible idea. Now I'm not that big of a fan of cross-over sabers. But this just looks amazing. Keep going with this in mind!

This is a really awesome crossover concept. You should do it ... for science.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Another lunch-time render - I think the proportions are a bit more accurate.

UPDATE! The original mobile upload of this drawing was awful, the photobucket app compressed it to death. Here is a slightly higher quality version.

Last edited by South-Paw Jinn; 12-16-2013 at 08:19 PM.

I don't know, I kind of like the longer version of the overlays in the first rendering. The stretched parts seem sleeker, less chunky, and they seem to sit off the main body a bit more. You could do some 3d printing in plastic to get the feel right. It'd be the modeling that'd be the biggest PIA, but you're way ahead of my skills already. Maybe carve the parts out of foam like I used to watch the industrial design students do, then find someone who can magics them into the computer? I'll just sit back and be darned impressed. Maybe drool a little. Cool concept.