Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dark Jedi and Sith, What the hell is the difference between the two?

I think you are right Melek that you don't need to be powerful in the force, but you definitely need to have a teacher or some type of teaching instrument to go by. Potential is not enough to be powerful in the force, you need to learn how to focus and wield that power. Your Dathomir Witch example is actually a good example. The inhabitants of Dathomir were rancor munchies until a jedi came to the planet and taught the female warriors the way of the force. Now the witches control the planet. Some of them are good and some are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Melek Taus View Post
    I'm having problems with the need for a teacher at all. There are sects of Force users out there that have never been part of the Jedi or Sith. Jacen spends 5 years learning diiferent techniques from them. Like Force walking back in the past when he takes Tahiri back to when Anakin Solo died so she can be with him. These aren't Jedi or Sith skills...they are force skills. How would you classify them? Also...how did the Jedi and Sith come about originally? Someone discovered the Force and over time became to use it for various things. Why can't there be people out there still who do the same thing? How would you classify them? Just Force users?

Do you have to be a Jedi or Sith to become powerful? That's like saying just because you never learned....say, Judo or Karate that you can't fight. How about the Dathormir Witches? Granted they are "Dark" but they are not Sith...nor were they.

Melek
    Exactly my point, I think dark Jedi are specifically fallen Jedi or those trained by fallen Jedi, they use the dark side, and have pretty much the same skill set as a regular Jedi, it's their motives that differ.

Other force using orders, have their own names, and have nothing to do with the Jedi, therefore they aren't dark Jedi.

Essentially I would classify a dark Jedi as a Jedi that uses the dark side, and has selfish or malevolent motivation.

Hmm i agree with everything that was said about there being other types of force users.

but i also think you need a teacher... and the reason you would call a non jedi/non sith a dark jedi is because they use the dark side of the force which is still coruption.

buuuut if you not a sith not a jedi and you dont use the dark side of the forcr then theres no way you can be a dark jedi riiight.

i think it would be a nameless thing as you guys said a "force user" ive also heard of lightside for users who werent jedi's called sutrans

What about those who knew how to weild the Force before there ever was Jedi or Sith?

What do you call them?

I think we are too hung up on the somantics of it all. But I can understand why. Dark to most automatically implies the concept of evil...and Jedi...light. Let's take modern religions as an example and I know alot will disagree with me. Let's use Christians....if you are a devout follower of Christianity...anyone who does not believe in what you believe are in league with Satan...no if's and's or but's. So...all non-Christians are doomed to go to some place not nice. I don't want to get into a religion discussion but that's the paralles I see in it. So really....extremests, which is what a Jedi and a Sith is....would consider those not of their ilk as either doomed....or weak depending on the ideology.

Personally....I think it boils down to perception....insert Palpatine quote here.

LOLOLOL

Melek
    There is no light or dark. This is the true nature of the Force. I stand before you with knowledge and understanding. You stand before me with a lightsaber.

Melek, VERY good point. To put it unreligiously to avoid flamewars, the ideologues of the Jedi believe the Sith need to be saved, and visa versa. Episode 3 has an interesting point to see things from the Dark side: Someone may be "dark" because they believe love to have its place in the Force, where the Jedi believe you must release all worldly feelings (love, happiness, sadness, hate). It could be said the Jedi are Buddhist in their beliefs, where the Sith embrace feeling (not just hate).

It is my belief the Sith use hatred only because it is such a strong feeling to fuel their powers. One could use love in the same regard, and still be considered "evil" in the eyes of the Jedi.

There are two truths in major league soccer:
    1. Your team is either from Chicago or a suburb of Detroit.
    2. Detroit sucks.

Let's use Christians....if you are a devout follower of Christianity...anyone who does not believe in what you believe are in league with Satan...no if's and's or but's. So...all non-Christians are doomed to go to some place not nice. I don't want to get into a religion discussion but that's the paralles I see in it.
    Lets not. Seriously, people take us Christians too extreme. And most people are ignorant, and make us seem like the bad guys. And we do not believe that all non-Christians are in league with Satan. Very ignorant of you to say that.
    Last edited by Lord Preston; 09-21-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What about those who knew how to weild the Force before there ever was Jedi or Sith?

What do you call them?

I think we are too hung up on the somantics of it all. But I can understand why. Dark to most automatically implies the concept of evil...and Jedi...light. Let's take modern religions as an example and I know alot will disagree with me. Let's use Christians....if you are a devout follower of Christianity...anyone who does not believe in what you believe are in league with Satan...no if's and's or but's. So...all non-Christians are doomed to go to some place not nice. I don't want to get into a religion discussion but that's the paralles I see in it. So really....extremests, which is what a Jedi and a Sith is....would consider those not of their ilk as either doomed....or weak depending on the ideology.

Personally....I think it boils down to perception....insert Palpatine quote here.

LOLOLOL

Melek

well its kinda too late as preston said thats not true thats just BS that athesites use and they do it to other relgions too. Lets use Jews just because they don't think their "savior" has come do we christians say they are from hell? no, what about muslims? just because they have a different point of relegion doesn't mean they are hells soldiers as some would say.. Im a christian I have muslim,jewish,and catholic friends do I treat them any different? no! just because whta you think or here doesn't mean its true so please stop making christanity seem like were a "superior relgion" ok its annoying to deal wiht the kinds of people who try to make us seem like A**holes were not, we dedicate alot of time in helping others...please don't bring relgon up again..its nothing but annoyence thanks

-Taylor
    Hey! I'm Tayl0r The Rebel Technician!

TCCS's 0FFICAL BLASTER L0VER.

Wow!!! Should have realized that was gonna happen...didn't listen to my head. Consider me out of this discussion.

If you want to discuss religion someplace else. I'll be more than happy to.

Melek
    There is no light or dark. This is the true nature of the Force. I stand before you with knowledge and understanding. You stand before me with a lightsaber.

I think a lot of the confusion with the whole sith/dark jedi thing is that non-force users in the SW universe use the terms wrong. This makes sense tho. When I was a kid the term communist was thrown around a lot, mostly inaccurately. We also see this now with liberal, terrorist, conservative, etc. (and please lets not get in to a political discussion)
    Then you have some one like Kyp Durron who declared him self sith when he fell (briefly) to the dark side.
    Then there's Vergere, was she a dark jedi, sith, something else?

Please lets keep real world religion out of my topic please!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics