View Poll Results: Was Clone Wars any good?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

42 72.41%
  • meh

9 15.52%
  • Bad

7 12.07%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars -- Good or Bad?

I kinda liked it but it is really mainly for the kids with the simple dialogue and child humour, however, the battle scenes are very good with more clone combat and theres plently of lightsaber action! the animation style aint bad either. I did like some of the droid humour as it gave them more personality instead of being just saber-magnets and Jabbas son's first appearance just made me burst out laughing at how pathetic it looked

But I did not like that they did not use the voices of the original cast and the dialogue was terribly simple, Obi-Wan sounded wooden and fake, oh and what was up with the cheesy opening sequence with the commentary? why couldn't they have started the film like the others?

And I completly agree with you darthdan; Ziro the Hutt did sound like a gay plantation owner and droopy dog, he deserves a blaster bolt between the eyes! completely ridiculous!

There are a lot of loose ends in the story and the films ends rather abruptly and to be honest it shouldn't be called The Clone Wars because it only shows a tiny portion of it! maybe they should have called it Clone Wars part 1 or something? i dunno..

If youre looking for some cheap SW action with decent battle scenes and good ol' saber action then this is for you, but if you're looking for a film with a rich plot and good dialogue then you won't find it here.

Go dig out the cartoon series/the video games and books for a real Clone Wars experience!

I thought it was decent. It was obviously designed to draw in the younger crowd, and I can respect that. You've gotta admit; Though it's more of a kid's movie, it's a pretty good kid's movie. They did it right for younger viewers. I personally enjoyed some of the random jokes which I'm purposely not spoiling here and now.

But in turn, I'll keep up hopes that they make something targeted back at the adult audiences too. Don't get me wrong, this movie is appealing to adults too if you approach it with the right mindset. But if this was supposed to keep the older audience content for a while, then some one out there has lost their friggin' minds.

I'll keep waiting for them to send something our way, but they get some props for the kid flick. I definitely enjoyed it.
    My first saber core design (Switch has been changed):

Soon to be crafted, as soon as I'm able to order. Real life circumstances has sucked the $$ outta me, but I'm saving back up.

I thought it odd that for such a kid-focused film, they used the word "damn" (albeit only once). It struck me as very strange.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Melek Taus View Post
    It was the worst thing of SW out to date. I'd much rather sit through 24 hrs non-stop of hearing Jar Jar say Anni over and over again than to subject myself to that trash.

Phantom Menance was at least cool due to Darth Maul being in it.

Who made Anakin a Master before ROTS? This supposedly took place after the battle on Geonosis, right? Anakin was a Padawan.

So, there's no cohesiveness in story line and plot. It jumped around so much I was about to kick the crap out of the seat in front of me and demand my money back. Stupid dialog. Pathetic annimation. Should have done a CGI like the movie Imortal or something similar.

The dumb nick names were annoying. Was Ziro suppose to be a homo***ual Hutt? That's what I got out of it and if so it was uncalled for and a dumb idea.

Oh no...the tadpole is sick....wait...here's a pill....now he's good to go. Gimmie a friggin break!!!

I fell alseep a couple times. My son kept nudging me to keep me from snoring. I have sleep apnea.

I got so mad at how pathetic it was I almost walked out but felt obligated to sit there with my son. Good thing my daughter had to work cause I would have wasted another $8.50 for her to be subjected to it as well. I was going to go wait in the car till it was over.

George Lucas should sign over all rights to SW and let someone with real talent make a descent movie from now on. He got lucky on the originals....story line was already written. Oh yeah....goes hand in hand with not renewing MR license to make replicas. Dumb, stupid and pathetic.

There are fan films out there that are way better than this piece of crap. Let some diehard fans take it from here Georgie....you're done....let's stick a fork in you.

Melek

Here Here I am glad to see I am not the only one that felt this way. To me this is just another example of what greed will get you in the end. Lazy and finding every gimmick you can to get every last drop of money out of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Melek Taus View Post
    It was the worst thing of SW out to date. I'd much rather sit through 24 hrs non-stop of hearing Jar Jar say Anni over and over again than to subject myself to that trash.

Phantom Menance was at least cool due to Darth Maul being in it.

Who made Anakin a Master before ROTS? This supposedly took place after the battle on Geonosis, right? Anakin was a Padawan.

So, there's no cohesiveness in story line and plot. It jumped around so much I was about to kick the crap out of the seat in front of me and demand my money back. Stupid dialog. Pathetic annimation. Should have done a CGI like the movie Imortal or something similar.

The dumb nick names were annoying. Was Ziro suppose to be a homo***ual Hutt? That's what I got out of it and if so it was uncalled for and a dumb idea.

Oh no...the tadpole is sick....wait...here's a pill....now he's good to go. Gimmie a friggin break!!!

I fell alseep a couple times. My son kept nudging me to keep me from snoring. I have sleep apnea.

I got so mad at how pathetic it was I almost walked out but felt obligated to sit there with my son. Good thing my daughter had to work cause I would have wasted another $8.50 for her to be subjected to it as well. I was going to go wait in the car till it was over.

George Lucas should sign over all rights to SW and let someone with real talent make a descent movie from now on. He got lucky on the originals....story line was already written. Oh yeah....goes hand in hand with not renewing MR license to make replicas. Dumb, stupid and pathetic.

There are fan films out there that are way better than this piece of crap. Let some diehard fans take it from here Georgie....you're done....let's stick a fork in you.

Melek
    shouldent there be a havent seen it yet tab on the poll?... i havent seen it and to be honest i was impressed when i saw the preview when i went to see speed racer(i kinda liked it verry hit and miss) but just as fast as i was impressed...

i was pissed and i dont think i will be seeing it but i know i will so ya oh are the voices the same? the previwe i saw was lacking in dialog

wow Melek... that was good i just dont think i feel u on the jar jar thing
    i feel u on selling the right to SW i really wanna see the books done but it will never happen

lord jericho u are rite about there greed

i will reserve judgment untell i see the movie
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 08-23-2008 at 05:45 AM. Reason: forgot to add some thing

Thanks Lord Jericho,

I just can't stand it anymore. Even the books are becoming pathetic. There comes a point in time that you have to realize that you have passed your prime. What was it that Clint Eastwood said..."A man's gotta know his limitations?" George....you've passed yours and are running on vapor. Give it up. Sell the franchise and let someone with talent take over the legacy. Go out leaving something good behind...don't be remembered for this trash.

Jedilestat.....don't waste your money. Wait till it comes out on cable. I am almost inclind to tell you to cancel your cable...it's not worth paying for to see it there either.

Melek
    There is no light or dark. This is the true nature of the Force. I stand before you with knowledge and understanding. You stand before me with a lightsaber.

I thought it was ok. The action sequences were great, as were the lightsaber battles. The dialogue was pretty bad...

I thought the Huttlet was kind of funny...

Ziro made me want to throw up...

I was hoping that Jabba would eat his son when he got him back. (Just picture it..."Wauhhhhh" *Chomp!*)

Seen it, liked it and looking forward to the T.V series. The only real problem I had with it was the god awful cheesey voice over at the begining of the film. The traditional yellow worded scroll would have been far better and more in line with other films. Yes parts of it were childish, some of the dialogue sucked and ziro the hutt was just bad. But some of the battle sequences were so good you could easily forget what you were watching. Annakin was far more animated ( please excuse PUN ), and hence less annoying, in this than ATOC or ROTS.

The movie wasn't so bad. For those with gripes about the animation style, I thought it was pretty neat that everything looked like a wooden maquette or statue or like a really really nifty chess piece or something. I liked the carved hair and the weathered paint job look to the characters' skin. It was just a nice change. I thought the point of animation was to do stuff you can't do for real...so while it's nice to see computer animation continue to get more realistic so we can use them for more special effects or to bring super-realistic-yet-fantastical worlds into existence for movies....shouldn't we also be pushing completely surreal animation as well? What's the point of using a medium that can surpass the limitations of reality if all we're going to do with it is create more convincing simulations of reality? I think it's time we take another look at classic cel-style animation.

And the opening narration, while somewhat annoying, I could understand because it was reminiscent of old serials (in a time when the west was wild and indians roamed the land, lawlessness reigns! who will come to bring order to the frontier! blah blah blah)

The things I have to gripe about are:
    Ahsoka's love of nicknames (Skyguy, Stinky, and Artooie??)
    The droids (I understand using them for comedy...but really? These aren't organic creatures, they're governed by programming. How do you FORGET, as a droid, coordinates that were just told to you 5 seconds ago?! Do you not have enough RAM or something!?)
    Zero/Ziro the Hutt. Why, for the love of god (or the force), do we need a GAY HUTT. He could have been Jabba's aunt for all I cared with that purple coloring and his ridiculous getup, but he was Jabba's UNCLE. WHY?!?!?!

I'd just take the "movie" for what it is- straight up entertainment. It does its job. I always viewed the clone wars as just being a platform to bring you more fight and battle sequences, and it serves that role admirably. For those complaining about how Clone Wars sucks because it isn't deep or artistic or whatever, just remember this: The Star Wars series was NEVER truly great, deep, or fantastic, none of the movies featured great writing or fantastic acting or anything of the sort. They were just wildly entertaining, and the original trilogy happened to have elements of the Hero's Journey. That's all, that's it. It's time to take a step back from the rabid ORIGINALS = MOVIE GOLD, EVERYTHING AFTER = TEH SUCK mentality. Just calm down, relax, sit back and be entertained.
    Last edited by gundamaniac; 08-23-2008 at 04:15 PM.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

I liked it. Wasn't the *best* Star Wars movie, but it certainly wasn't as bad (IMO) as some of you are making it out to be.

As an aside, maybe it's just that I know enough gay people, but I didn't get 'gay' out of Ziro. I got 'overly self-absorbed drama queen'. I saw Ziro as being so convinced of his own importance that he played up on the drama of everything. I half expected to find out that his 'hide out' was just a place where the did performance art productions.

All of that said, I liked 3PO's arrival at Ziro's place. Certainly didn't expect him to be dumb enough to show up alone, but I could see him being reluctantly willing to play 'decoy' for the clone troopers. (Complaining loudly and constantly for the entire trip there.)
    The lightsaber: An elegant weapon from a more civilized age...
    ... or the galaxy's best utility knife?