View Poll Results: Was Clone Wars any good?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

42 72.41%
  • meh

9 15.52%
  • Bad

7 12.07%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars -- Good or Bad?

Default Clone Wars -- Good or Bad?

Hey guys. I was wondering what all of you thought about the Clone Wars "movie."

I know that critics generally hate it, but I'd like to see what all us hardcore saber geeks thought.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

I loved it, yeah some parts seemed a little child like but all in all it was a good movie.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I just got back from the theatre, I really liked it
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Watched it early today. I absolutely loved it. Especially seeing Anakin paired off with a Padawan who mirrors his attitude, had me chuckling every time they went to them.

I loved it. Only some minor details could have been explained better in the movie though. They never said what Jabba the Hutt's son was named (they did in the book) and that his uncle Ziro was a part of it in the beginning. Just little things, but all around good for Paramount's first Star Wars. Can't wait for the TV series either. What will become of Anakin's Padawan? She probably died, since she is not mentioned in anything, but this series. Then again...she could be hidden in secret too.

Great set-up for the series. Can't wait until it premieres.

Was this PIXAR quality? No, but that's hardly a fair comparison since PIXAR isn't limited to a television production budget. This is, however, top tier television production quality. Show me an animated TV series that has EVER looked this good!
    Meanwhile... in another part of the galaxy, later that same day...

http://voya.deviantart.com/gallery/

Blog Entries

It was OK. What is sad to me is that there was more chemistry between toon characters Ahsoka and Anakin compared to live actors Portman and Christensen.

I did very much enjoy Ahsoka's fighting style. I've always liked holding my sword in the same manner since the first time I saw it in The Hunted.
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

Wow. I thought this was the most horrible thing I had seen in a year or two. The animation style was good for the droids and the troopers, but the humans, meh. The battle scenes were great, but other than that, i thought it was terrible. If you took all dialogue out, it might be ok, but the writing for Ahsoka and Anakin was just cheesey, and not in a good way. I felt like the whole movie was made for an 8 year old girl. Every time I heard "Snips" or "R-Tooie" my eye twitched a little.

And what was up with the character for Ziro? The voice was like the horrible combination of a very homo***ual Southern plantaion owner and Droopy Dog. I had my teeth clenched every time he spoke.

I don't know. I loved the Clone Wars miniseries, but this makes me not want to watch the upcoming one.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

I thouroughly enjoyed this film.

Despite the obvious child-like nature, it was good. Ahsoka and Anakin were a great pair.... I wouldn't mind seeing her return for hte Live Action series as a knight of the republic that survives Order 66....

It was the worst thing of SW out to date. I'd much rather sit through 24 hrs non-stop of hearing Jar Jar say Anni over and over again than to subject myself to that trash.

Phantom Menance was at least cool due to Darth Maul being in it.

Who made Anakin a Master before ROTS? This supposedly took place after the battle on Geonosis, right? Anakin was a Padawan.

So, there's no cohesiveness in story line and plot. It jumped around so much I was about to kick the crap out of the seat in front of me and demand my money back. Stupid dialog. Pathetic annimation. Should have done a CGI like the movie Imortal or something similar.

The dumb nick names were annoying. Was Ziro suppose to be a homo***ual Hutt? That's what I got out of it and if so it was uncalled for and a dumb idea.

Oh no...the tadpole is sick....wait...here's a pill....now he's good to go. Gimmie a friggin break!!!

I fell alseep a couple times. My son kept nudging me to keep me from snoring. I have sleep apnea.

I got so mad at how pathetic it was I almost walked out but felt obligated to sit there with my son. Good thing my daughter had to work cause I would have wasted another $8.50 for her to be subjected to it as well. I was going to go wait in the car till it was over.

George Lucas should sign over all rights to SW and let someone with real talent make a descent movie from now on. He got lucky on the originals....story line was already written. Oh yeah....goes hand in hand with not renewing MR license to make replicas. Dumb, stupid and pathetic.

There are fan films out there that are way better than this piece of crap. Let some diehard fans take it from here Georgie....you're done....let's stick a fork in you.

Melek
    There is no light or dark. This is the true nature of the Force. I stand before you with knowledge and understanding. You stand before me with a lightsaber.