Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: colored diffuser?

In the cantina drinkin' Colt 45's with Lando

Default colored diffuser?

yo.

so I was thinking about diffusers for my blade, and thinking about color disks and whatnot, has anyone used some sort of colored diffuser inside the blade itself? instead of just a normal peice of cellophane perhaps some sort of colored wrap to give the blade its color? Just wondering since my latest saber is using a seoul p4 and I was thinking of filtering. I know im not the first person to think of this...

DDD

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I've tried it with purple and green... they pretty much block the light.

Yes a colored film has been done but they used a roll of lighting jell like the lee filters just in a larger size and he had piss poor results but it looked great in the day time. But it would need something like polyP inside it to make it worth it.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=2922

Not to sound like an ass but please search, that took me all of less than a min to find.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I'd be interested in seeing comparison pics of those filter roll sabers vs standard LED. I've only ever seen that one picture of that technique.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    Not to sound like an ass but please search, that took me all of less than a min to find.
    You've also been around a lot longer and probabaly remember it. It's easy to find things if you know what you're looking for.

Not really dude, usually most of your questions can be found in the first couple pages of these forums.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...isplay.php?f=3
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

ok sorry I didnt search didnt mean to cause a problem.

but thanks for the answers anyways.

I too would like to see a comparison. I dont think it hurts to revisit a topic, perhaps some of the new folks could get in on the discussion and add something to the mix if they havent seen the old thread.

but anyway, I think this looks really cool... Im def going to try this.

ddd
    Last edited by DDanDevious; 05-27-2008 at 04:45 AM.

Every one that I have seen, I have been less than impressed with. Except in broad daylight, you have a full color blade in daylight. But I recommend a second blade for night/twilight fighting.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

I tried it with a green K2 @ 1A. Normally, it's really bright and I love it. With just 1 or 2 wraps of green polyp (with clear polyp inside it), the brightness is decreased too much for my tastes. The dark green color is neat, but it's just not bright enough.
    My MHS:

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    Every one that I have seen, I have been less than impressed with. Except in broad daylight, you have a full color blade in daylight. But I recommend a second blade for night/twilight fighting.
    I like the idea of having two blades... hmmm, maybe I can find some sort of super sheer material to test... I really liked how that red looked with that KOTOR crew in that pic...

DDD