Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Modular Hilt Systems

My last one, birthday present for our RL french CO, skylar.
    Green K2@1.5 A, 4 AA pack, recharge port, PL luxeon driver with progressive ramp up/down effect. 1" blade with dual film.

Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Well, I figured it was about time I took some more pics and updated my own website, and posted some pics here (and elsewhere). The first one, nothing special. It's running a green K2.

The second, was a real pain, but it also my latest pride and joy, with HUGE thanks to Erv and his CFC v2.5 board, powering a royal blue k2. I also don't think I've seen any hilts with these prongs yet.

This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

First complete MHS...

MHS hilt with a green K2, 1000ma BPuck and a Hasbro Obi-Wan ROTS sound card (for now)... Hope you like it.
    Last edited by strengthofrage; 02-27-2008 at 06:49 PM.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

royal blue K2... dubbed "Heaven's Will"
    Last edited by B5813; 01-06-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Talking My MHS lightsaber

this is my MHS saber. I've posted it before but I wanted to post a pic of it before i change the blade holder. This is what my saber has looked like for the past month. I like an all silver hilt.

the second picture is of what my hilt looks like with the actually emitter i wanted when i first desgin this saber but didn't have enough money. finally i may change the pummel to what style 3. so yeah idk.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sekrogue1985; 01-11-2008 at 05:07 PM.

It has a green K2 powered by CF v3 and a 4 AAA cell 4.8v Nimh battery pack.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I've posted this elsewhere, but I thought I should post it in the gallery too.

MHS hilt #1, pommel #3, thin neck, blade holder #3, Covertec knob, leather grip and a custom switch plate.

The switch plate has a small slider switch with a custom switch guard, and one of those little momentary tactile switches. The mom. switch is not doing anything right now, but will be used for the CF. There are also two small flashing LEDs just for fun.

It's got a green K2 (that photographs almost cyan for some reason), powered by 4AAA NiMH through a resistor for now. I plan to upgrade to a CF when they are available.

I added parts from the lens assembly of an old 8mm movie camera to the blade holder to make the end look a little like the BH#5.

Close-up of the switch plate before I added the guard:

Edited to put two posts into one:

I ripped apart the lens from an 8mm movie camera. I used the ring you turn to focus the lens, and the ring you use to zoom on top of that. The focus ring fits on the blade holder perfectly. It's like it was made for it. I drilled three holes and drove the screws into the last groove in the blade holder to hold it on. The zoom ring fits nicely on top of that, and has three set screws to hold it in place.

Here's a better picture. It used to have a tab on the zoom ring, but I took it off. I also covered the numbers on the ring with a strip of aluminum duct tape.

Last edited by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie; 04-10-2008 at 07:23 AM.

Blades and hilt pattern are sand blasted. Green K2 LEDs on 1000mA buckpucks.

Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Lord Maul; 12-24-2008 at 12:41 AM. Reason: removed broken pictures

Here's my first MHS Saber. It has a White Lux III with an orange Lee Filter. Uses the most dynamic sound...the human voice box. The Hilt is about 14" long and has a 38" blade, claymore style.

Small lamp light, no flash.

Lamp w/flash.

Lamp, no flash.

Lamp, w/flash.

Sorry for such large pics.
    Alderaan shot first.