Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Interactive Saber Builder

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I can give you the paint pictures of those pieces by themselves, but I won't have photos of them until I place my order with Tim.

Stand by...

Obi-Dar

I sent you a PM on this.. did you get it? (with my email on where to send them?) I dont believe I received anyting unfortunately...

on a side note, SaberBuilder has been updated:

new parts.. 2 in MISC. section..most in the CUSTOM section... these are mainly parts that were ALREADY available in the SaberBuilder, but NOW have custom powder coating done.. (just like you can get done through the store.)

these were fills/coloring of specific sections of parts.. something that SaberBuilder doesnt let you do..since you can only color a whole part.

if there is a certain 'scheme' anyone would like to see on a part (top, bottom, centers, ends), just let me know the part and how you want it 'colored' and I'll add it for you guys.

also.. I want to remind everyone.. DO NOT ABUSE THIS... when creating/saving/exporting a build you have done.. be patient.. click the button ONLY 1 time and give it a second..

it goes PIXEL by PIXEL getting the data from your build (bitMap image data) and sends it as an array to the server to rebuild and actually create an image of what youve built.. THEN you are prompted for a place to save it on your computer.

1.) be patient.. dont click the damn button 50 times... (you know who you are)
    2.) dont save **** images...period.. you dont need to save an image of a default hilt style 2.. what for? or blank stage saves? (gimmie a break) just be respectful and this will be around for everyone to play with.. (its really just THAT simple)

well there seems to be some new parts on the horizon.. so if anyone wants to make some ACCURATE MS PAIN renders of those parts.. we all appreciate it.

thanks

example pic of the new parts..(and a visual if my explanation is KAKA).. LOL

Last edited by xl97; 08-06-2008 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    oh I see.. just a vector program...

either way its more or less useless to make images for Saber builder... be like trying to import a .psd or an .ai file...

if it isnt NOT one of the major public image formats (.gif, .jpf, .png).. flash cant use it..

if your use it for your own personal static images.. good share I guess..
    People can use what they like, but it astounds me that anyone would use a raster program (MS Paint??? Come on, at least download Paint.NET) for something vector programs are ideally suited for. Inkscape exports to PNG. You can do whatever you like with the images. The fact that it uses SVG/XML as its internal storage format does not limit what you can do with the images you create with it.
    My MHS:

I agree. I think a vector program is the best bet to use when creating an image..

my comments were meant to display that the .svg and xml formats are worthless to the Saber Builder application...

but if people want to use InkScape to export to .png than it CAN be used with Saber Builder..

also MS Paint is thrown around here alot because

1.) its was used to create the original images
    2.) there are tuts on how to make saber parts with it here
    3.) almost everyone has it by default... (comes with windows)

Force Aware
    Force Aware

don't know if these of any use to ya, about half ways down the page...

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=5483&page=2
    Judge them from the Darkness...

Gah!! This thread needs to be STICKIED, or at least part of the thread index.

Judge-

sorry havent had time to peek at the images in-depth...

but I see they are on a filled background... and 'cropping them out may degrade the image.. which is why I ask that all images/part renders pepole submit be on a transparent background (ie: .gif or .png).. not to say they arent usable though..

I also want to be clear and ask, if the part(s) you made follow the measurements/dimensions of the real part in the store? You can use the gird & rule in the saber builder to mock up yoru parts as squares and rules should be right on to all part dimensions. (I cubic inch I believe)

on a side note, I really think the addition of the custom powder coated parts REALLY adds to the potential of what you can build, and what is available through the store.

I'll be adding two more parts from AoF (Randy) very soon, and cant believe I havent added them already since these are parts that I had made by him BEFORE I even started/finished SaberBuilder.

(time to check whos been abusing Saber Builder now) ...LOL

Force Aware
    Force Aware

yeh they are not to scale, they do fit with the MHS parts but the real ones maybe longer or shorter....

they were just quick 10 min mock ups to get a feel for them lol
    Judge them from the Darkness...

I hear ya..thanks..

Im going to 'assume' that the middle tappered section is 2 in. in lenth..with the to padding the final .5 in to it.

Neptune ro anyone who has one..can ya chime in here?

hello gang-

I am asking for a favor from 'SOME' of you,.. an that is to ABUSE saber builder.

(bet you never though Id say that eh?)

To clarify, (I believe) I have successfully added an AUTO CLEAN-UP to the image export... and I want you guys to help me test it..

I dont want everyone to RUSH there and start saving a TON of images.. but I know there are many who are subscribed to this thread and will get the notification.. if you do, and youre around.. please go save an image (or 2)..

IMHO I still dont think there is any reaosn to save images of 1 blade holder or 1 thumbscrew.. but Im hoping this will help keep the directory clean of all images after a certain time frame.

Im asking that you STOP abusing it on purpose at around 9:00 pm. (central time)

so I can check to see if the auto-clean is working correctly...and see if I need to adjust the time frame before it 'cleans house'

www.saberbuilder.com

Thanks