Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1977 kenner lightsaber toy

Hey I know I'm a lil late to this discussion but check out what I found.
    It is missing the blade though. What do you think it is worth?
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Picture 22.jpg
    Picture 24.jpg
    Picture 23.jpg

"This is not the lightsaber you are looking for..."
    Or is it?
    The label says that both are 1995, but they sound similar to this discussion here. Maybe they did a re-release?
    Both still work, but are (sadly) starting to fall apart. Still make the same four noises they have only ever done! The impact detector in my green one fails to function anymore though, and both blades have cracked. One of my friends actually has another one green one, same make and year and everything, by the choke and the blade holder are different. Do any of you guys know why?

Darth Kybuck
    (The Jedi Youngling)

The clash sensor probably wore out or just failed, or there may be a loose wire somewhere.

The 1977 sabers were more like yellow balloon blades, that you had to inflate. I had one way back when.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Hmm, after reading everyone else's posts, I'm surprised that the BLADE didn't pop. They probably couldn't risk using anything harder than balloons.

In response to your question e13azar, I don't exactly know, but I'm sure ANY fan of Star Wars is willing to pay more than what it is worth to have it in their collection.

"Ready to feel the force?"
    "YEAH!"

Happy saber swinging,
    Darth Kybuck
    (The Jedi Youngling)

It was made out of vinyl. It was OK for its time.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Thanks Forgetful Jedi Knight! Also, could the reason for the Kenner's saber rareness be because many owners chucked them out when they got punctured (no offence to the awesomeness of the saber)

Darth Kybuck
    (The Jedi Youngling)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kybuck View Post
    Thanks Forgetful Jedi Knight! Also, could the reason for the Kenner's saber rareness be because many owners chucked them out when they got punctured?

Darth Kybuck
    (The Jedi Youngling)
    That, plus those are 35+ years old.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kybuck View Post
    Picture 22.jpg
    Picture 24.jpg
    Picture 23.jpg

"This is not the lightsaber you are looking for..."
    Or is it?
    The label says that both are 1995, but they sound similar to this discussion here. Maybe they did a re-release?
    Both still work, but are (sadly) starting to fall apart. Still make the same four noises they have only ever done! The impact detector in my green one fails to function anymore though, and both blades have cracked. One of my friends actually has another one green one, same make and year and everything, by the choke and the blade holder are different. Do any of you guys know why?

Darth Kybuck
    (The Jedi Youngling)
    I also have one of these. It's a yoda and has phrases he says everyonce in awhile. My sensor or something else was also bad on mine. Opened it up and it was just a loose wire. Works great now.

Yep! I had one of those inflatable ones back in the day! If I remember it dident last long and went pop!!!