Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 3D renderings of all parts for CAD

obj is a much better format since so many applications are capable of importing it.

I'm using solidworks

and it didn't support obj format

If these are done I'd love a copy. My email is my username at gmail

I would like to have a copy of these if anyone happens to have them still. I happen to have a variety of programs: CAD, Inventor, 3DSMax, Solidworks, Rhino, Microstation, as well as a few many might not have heard of. I also happen to have a friend who spends his free time finding ways to export between them all. So if I could get ahold of them, I'd like to try getting them working with all the programs. If nothing else, a little dimensioning here and there and I could start just remaking them all for each program.

I've got that file stored on an external drive, so I'll send it to you later when I have access to it.

Just checking in if you ever got to the files? I never got a reply from you via PM about getting a copy, and would appreciate if you could send them my way if they are still available to share. I can convert them into either Autodesk Inventor V10 or 2013 for anyone else who may use that software. This would be great for laying out a chassis and designing sleeves and custom machine work.

Phew! When I saw the date of your first post, I though this thread might have been long dead. Then I saw that there was a post as recent as August of this year. Really happy to see it's still alive. I've been fooling around with Google Sketchup for some time trying to make scale 3D modesl of MHS parts, but they are pretty crude. Your creations are freakin' awesome and immensely useful! I noticed in an earlier post from Matt Thorn that the newer version of Sketchup can handle these files. Do you have your files in .skp format? If not, can you please send me whatever you have so I can try to convert them myself?

Thanks again for all your hard work. I'm sure it's benefitting a lot of people!
    ROBODOC

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
    -Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Do these files still exist somewhere? If someone wants to email them to me I'll give you my email address.

Quote Originally Posted by ANorris View Post
    Do these files still exist somewhere? If someone wants to email them to me I'll give you my email address.
    This thread is YEARS old.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com