Thread: New Lightsaber! Happy Star Wars Day!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default New Lightsaber! Happy Star Wars Day!

I'm feeling nostalgic - so here's a good old fashioned lightsaber post for #maythe4thbewithyou

I dragged my camera around with me for the ENTIRE build, and gosh-oh-gee, it was an ordeal. But I like how the video turned out.

Also, I dig the finished hilt. It's like an ancient-but-not-that-ancient, wannabe-regal, quase-sithy, totally-non-canon look... if that makes sense.

Anyway here is it.

Mostly raw aluminium tube
    Obi-wan TMP emitter ring
    BH#24 emitter flange
    Graflex 2.0 red button
    CFX
    TCSS/KR pixel show blade

Short: https://youtube.com/shorts/DFuY_SgYoKQ

Eastern! Man! That is absolutely gorgeous. I really dig the look of the layered ‘fat’ emitter and shroud coupled with the narrow grip as well as the mechanism for the chassis reveal and the pop out CC for access. ����
    The weathering is just the perfect finish. (I should put away the polish and do more). And yeah, your description totally makes sense.
    Thank you for dragging your camera around, It honestly made me smile to see your process is basically the same as mine (this is how we do it).
    I love TCSS but I don’t see enough custom scratch builds or non canon, so this IS a real treat for the day.
    Glad you’re still doing it. MTFBWY

GREENIE

Really, cool E! It looks great, and you'd never know it was just a bunch of aluminum tubing to start with!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thank you kindly, gentlemen.

@Greenie, Really!? I totally would have guessed you employ some machining. That's even more impressive.

Ah, no. I do have a crappy mini lathe with limitations so I still employ all those methods as well.

Love this! Has that real-world, heavily-used look I really dig.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks, man. While I was building it, I pictured it being a "Museum Relic". Like, the curator didn't know if it was a sith or jedi artifact, so they just put it on display and labeled it "Old Lightsaber". Apparently, Star Wars rubber can last fo-re-ver.

Edit: I looked it up they have duracrete, durasteel, duraplast, duraplex... but evidently Star Wars rubber is just "rubber".
    Last edited by eastern57; 05-10-2024 at 11:09 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

That's awesome! It's good to see you around, and it's good to see some old school scratch building!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yup, still kickin. Thanks, man!