Thread: Is This Really True Or Is This Fiction?

Default Is This Really True Or Is This Fiction?

Hello Everyone,

I was watching various saber videos on YouTube since it's been a while since I've picked up a soldering iron. How long? Let's just say I about crapped myself when I saw Neopixal sabers! The was a gentleman who made this video I was watching were he said, and I am paraphrasing, if you want a single color blade instead of buying an LED with a single bulb, buy a tri-cree and have all 3 bulbs the same color. I myself am using a single white Cree, don't know the exact full name, with a yellow Lee Filter. My soundboard is from an old MR ROTJ Skywalker saber, it is connected to a recharge port, and runs off of a Protected 3.7V 2400mAh 18650 Li-Ion Battery. Would that actually make a singular color blade brighter? My thought was "no" because despite have 3 bulbs you are still running the same amount of power but dividing it. I am by no means an expect so I was hoping for some opinions, or even better, facts.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide info. I appreciate your time and effort!

It would make it a bit brighter, HOWEVER, in your particular case, you can’t really do that, because your old MR sound card can’t handle or dish out the kind of power required to run that kind of a setup properly. If you had a CFX or something, sure, you could make it somewhat brighter, but you do eventually run into “The Law of Diminishing Returns”.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    It would make it a bit brighter, HOWEVER, in your particular case, you can’t really do that, because your old MR sound card can’t handle or dish out the kind of power required to run that kind of a setup properly. If you had a CFX or something, sure, you could make it somewhat brighter, but you do eventually run into “The Law of Diminishing Returns”.
    Thank you for your reply as it makes perfect sense.