Thread: Best single color Neopixel LED strips

Default Best single color Neopixel LED strips

Which single color Neopixel strip designs are the best?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

This question does not make sense as neopixels are multi color.. I have never seen a single color variant at least.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    This question does not make sense as neopixels are multi color.. I have never seen a single color variant at least.
    Agreed.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Neopixels are made by Adafruit. Check the official Adafruit site. Single color LED strips are offered.
    Last edited by MasterJarJar13; 08-14-2023 at 01:41 PM.

Neopixel is a term adafruit coined for pixel LED's such as WS2812B chips, They did not create the actual LED's.

I could only find a 3000k or 6000k white version in single color.

Unless a single color version is much brighter or efficient I do not really see why you would want one.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I've also never seen single color 5050 or even 3535 footprint LEDs come in the correct density for saber blades. At least not on a strip.

Adafruit's site sells single color LED strips. Would they not work for lightsabers?

They probably would, though you might be happy with the results. Part of the advantage to neopixels are the colors.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJarJar13 View Post
    Adafruit's site sells single color LED strips. Would they not work for lightsabers?
    Can you link those? I could not find them. All I saw was the white only pixel chips not strips.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJarJar13 View Post
    I already said why, density. normal pixel blades (non KR stick) use pixel strips that come in a 144LED per meter pixel density. Most the time I see single color strips, they are far less, usually around 60-80 LEDs per meter. Though it has been a while since I last looked for such a thing since RGB addressable pixels have become somewhat of a norm.

This is also assuming smallest pixels of 3535 footprint SMD LEDs. Smaller, I doubt you will get enough brightness for a blade. Not to mention the super small ones on adafruits site that are single color strips require a 9-12v power supply. Leaves all current soundboards out of use since they all are designed to operate off a single li-ion cell which is 4.2v at full charge.
    Last edited by RavenXp; 08-15-2023 at 01:53 PM.