Thread: MR 2005 Vader CFX Conversion

Default MR 2005 Vader CFX Conversion

I actually forgot to post this here back when I completed it, but this is a MR Vader 2005 I converted from the original electronics (it was already converted from stock to in-hilt) to a CFX Pixel saber. Was a really fun commission and the client was really pleased with how it came out. Sadly a few months in a mishap with a prototype charging unit (will neither confirm nor deny what that unit was) it caused a catastrophic failure and melting of the internal chassis and frying of the CFX reverse current protection transistor. So I did have to re-install it, but I added in a through pixel charging board from TCSS as well as some SMD LEDs to the CFX accent sequencer to add a little more eye candy the second time around. Final specs: CFX, 21700 removable battery, NPXLv3 Pixel adapter, BT-909 Module, TCSS Uber X speaker, and a Smugglers Outpost chassis connector.

The switch solution took some time to design, but I think it turned out pretty well.
    20220821_084133.jpg

The internal chassis.
    20220923_114502.jpg

20220923_114521.jpg

The core I designed that holds the CFX, 21700 Battery, speaker, and BT module.
    20221004_082835.jpg

20221005_101527.jpg

The finished product (the first time anyway).

Then there's the damage that happened after the mishap
    20230512_083532.jpg

20230512_080813.jpg

20230512_080227.jpg

I like that switch solution. I did a 2005 MR Vader awhile ago too, here was mine:

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

I think you meant an 07 since that's what was in the vid, still though pretty fine work. And I'm right there with you on people going for an empty from a place like korbanth rather than converting a MR or Hasbro. Though I found it a fun challenge, and the saber had sentimental value to the customer. Was his first ever saber.

All these MR hilts look the same to me. This one was NIB, and he never even turned it on, and I had to gut it. The grips had a lot of that aged rubber sticky goo on them. I put the switches up in the bulb release, but like your solution.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

It’s been eons since I’ve done a MR conversion. Last couple I did were the Anakin MR EL versions. Might even still have enough disks sets laying around in my parts bins.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    All these MR hilts look the same to me. This one was NIB, and he never even turned it on, and I had to gut it. The grips had a lot of that aged rubber sticky goo on them. I put the switches up in the bulb release, but like your solution.
    Well, tbf a lot of them are the same, just with minor differences.