Thread: Purple with a Petit Crouton V2.0?

Default Purple with a Petit Crouton V2.0?

So I stepped away from saber building for like 8 years, but am now making simple sabers for two 8-year-old girls using stuff I have on hand. The other day I visited the shack where all my stuff has been sleeping, and I found ten old Plecter Labs sound boards: 3 Petit Crouton V1.5s (They rattle!); 2 Petit Crouton V2.0s; 1 Crystal Focus Saber Core 3.1; 2 Crystal Focus Saber Core 5.6s; and 2 Nano Biscotte V2.0s.

I am trying to keep everything as simple as possible, but I did tell the girls they could choose purple. (I kind of regret that now.) I have a whole bunch of 3 and 4 chip LEDs, so in theory I can make a range of colors, but even before I forgot everything I once knew about saber building, calculating resistance and knowing when to do parallel and when to do series was not my strong point.

I was originally thinking of using the Petit Crouton V2.0s, but they don't seem to have been made with color mixing in mind.

Anyway, my question for old timers who remember the pre Neopixel days is this: What's the easiest way to make a purple saber with what I have here. (BTW, I also have scads of resistors on hand, from teeny tiny ones to bricks.)

Also, can I just substitute a micro USB port for the old Canon 2.1mm ports that were standard back in the day? And if I can, can I also use just any old micro USB mobile phone charger to charge it? (I'm using a single 18650 battery for each saber.)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I’d use the CF 5.6’s and wire red and blue in parallel, with a big resistor on the red. You want it to be about 400mA for a decent purple. That’s likely the best you’ll be able to do with those boards. None of those boards are really meant for color changing.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you! I will do that!

The CF 5.6’s take 7.4V. I don’t think the “voltage hack” worked on those.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Lucky me, both girls asked for green.

Then you’re all set in that regard.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines