Thread: My first build in 10 years

Default My first build in 10 years

My first saber over 10 years ago was a HUGE learning experience. I used the Petit Crouton and this was back in the base-lit single LED days. I had two heat sinks set up. One blue and one green so I could have two color options. I was a bit of a "cram-fu" nightmare as there were few chassis options back in those days. I learned quickly that you want to design your interior chassis FIRST, then design the hilt around it if you're using the MHS parts. Long story short....I only recently revisited the saber hobby community and was amazed at the advances since then. I set out to try this again using a CFX with a proper internal chassis. Again, it was a cram-fu challenge as I still wanted all the bells and whistles. I have a chassis holding a 21700 battery, visible crystal chamber, OLED display AND through-pixel charging option. Not easy, but I got it done without making the hilt ridiculously long. I got the whole thing just over 12" and went for a slightly weathered finish.
    Last edited by justahobby; 07-10-2023 at 08:47 AM.

Good job. Welcome back.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Building your own saber is an awakening experience!!!

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

as well as addictive.

Not terribly addictive. This stuff is expensive! All parts combined in this build rival the cost of a "fancy custom" saber! At least when something breaks, I should know how to fix it myself.
    Last edited by justahobby; 07-17-2023 at 07:58 AM.