Thread: Crystal Focus X Configurations

Default Crystal Focus X Configurations

Hey,

I'm working with a CFX post Feb 2020 and in tuning it using RICE, I've come to realize that it ties together the color profile, blade profile and sound font as a single package if one wants to. I'm designing a character saber build and although this function is available through RICE I haven't been able to cause the board to select the 1st sound font / bank, each time it reboots, i.e. inserting a kill key and removing it and restarting the board. In this way it will always default back to a single setup or color each time while maintaining other profiles that are available through the menus. Does this board allow this function? It's nice that all three profiles can be linked but defeating if it "remembers" the last set used and always goes back to it. I tried messing with the Pref's file and sure enough the board just overwrote it plugging the last sound bank back in there. I have a feeling that Erv designed the firmware to always do this.

thanks...

You have to set the saber to the font (and color/effect, etc) that you want it to go back to, and then leave it there.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Hi, thanks for the info...
    What I've been able to do thus far is pair up a given sound font by its #, along with the color profile # and the blade profile # in RICE under the last tab, so that when on the saber itself, the Aux accesses the font menu and allows browsing of the fonts. Then selecting a particular font will pull up the paired blade and color profile which is half way to what I'm hoping for. The second part is where the saber is shutoff with a kill key and rebooted, where currently the last font and its pairing are displayed again. What I'm hoping to do is set a default font pairing which begins at #1 in the font folder listing. This way after rebooting, the saber will always pull up a red blade with an assigned blade profile and font sounds for example. From what I've seen so far, is that the firmware is designed to capture the last font setting which prevents what I'm trying to do. If the last font set is orange, then the only way to get out of this color is to use the Aux to manually look for "red" again for example.
    I don't suppose that Erv would create a firmware modification for what I'm trying to do here?

No. Which is why I suggested before turning the saber off, manually set it for the font you want to turn on to.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com