Thread: First build and NBv4 (RGB) wiring diagram questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First build and NBv4 (RGB) wiring diagram questions

I am finally putting together my Ahsoka hilts from Solo's Hold that Ive had since 2016. Ive been scared to get it going, but finally decided to pull the trigger after lurking here for so long and the quarantine. Im obviously not an experienced electronics hobbyist, this will be my first attempt, but Ive done a lot of research and am excited to get started (I wish someone hadnt removed their entire video catalog..., I loved the full NB v3 build from start to finish).

Below is my wiring diagram for both hilts, the only difference from the large vs small hilt is the battery size (18650 vs 14500), but voltage is the same. I got my resistor values assuming a fully charged battery at 4.2V, though I know nominal is 3.7V, either way it should be fine, with a Tri Cree Red/Green/Royal blue LED. And as you can see, there are 2 switches per hilt wired together as per the install instructions from nerfworxlab/Goth-3designs install.

Are the resistors of ample size?

Where the 4 wires come together on the positive and negative section, do those 4 need to be soldered together onto the board, or can I join them together an inch or so away so I can run one wire to each postive and negative connector and save space near the board?

Please let me know if you see anything wrong or that should be changed.

Last edited by SchaF; 05-19-2020 at 09:20 PM.