I'm looking to put together a saber for myself as a project. It's just going to be for playing around with and nerd-cred, really, not battling. I think it's a fun hobby but I feel like I want to make myself an amazing saber with enough bells and whistles to be a lot of fun (but not so many that it's aggravating to figure out).

I'm building a neopixel saber (and have most of those parts as well as most of a hilt designed) but have waited to get a driver. I was thinking I would get a Crystal Focus 10 because it seemed like it was a nice challenge for me to assemble (but doable) and had tons of features that I could mess with along the way (the option to add features or not). I didn't want to be in the situation where I would outgrow it, you know? But they seem to be out of stock everywhere from what I can see (I don't even see them on the plecter labs site but I could be missing it).

But the Nano Biscotte seems to be popular as well, so I don't want to totally discount alternatives.

I know it's all personal preference but I would really value your opinions based on what it looks like I'm trying to accomplish and your own experiences.

Thanks so much all