Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please take over my project!

Quote Originally Posted by WaywardViking View Post
    No I totally get the unique aspect of it...the concept as a whole is awesome and I never thought I would see it in the wild! Your execution seems on the right track...perhaps patience wasn't and frustration and anger took over?

Sadly, I am unfamiliar with that sound board and EL wire in general because I didn't dig into the concept.

However, and I am just spit-balling here, it could potentially be possible with your current board and a secondary power source or its own switch? I would also like to think it is possible with a newer board and if not with the EL string possible and fiber optic thread lit by an accent led?? You can do ANYTHING at least once!

The internet is such a vast, amazing and priceless resource...keyword association can light up many dusty corners of its memory banks.
    This thread is giving me plenty of ideas.....

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXp View Post
    Can't even find the old manual for the V1.5, though if I were to hazard a guess you would need to power the driver from a PEX that is hooked into one of the two accent LED pads or the 3.3v pad I see near that massive cap.
    Edit:
    Luckily Erv has a standard design style for his boards, I can actually figure out how to wire it just by looking it over.
    Fortunately, some of us have access to fairly substantial archives. The only real issue here is the EL converter, I haven’t seen any in many years. I would also need the specs of the EL wire you used. The EL wire part of this plan *might* have to get scrapped.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Fortunately, some of us have access to fairly substantial archives. The only real issue here is the EL converter, I haven’t seen any in many years. I would also need the specs of the EL wire you used. The EL wire part of this plan *might* have to get scrapped.
    Yeah, was thinking the same thing. Though, I also was considering something similar with Cornel Fibrance wire, but that requires the use of a laser diode.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I found the old email from back in the day, the drivers are for sale here: I bought it from this site. http://shopping.coolneon.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.41/.f

Ok, putting the technical issues aside for a second - that, plus all the saber electronics isn’t going to fit into the hilt that you showed in the pictures.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com