Thread: Neopixel recharge method?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Neopixel recharge method?

I looked on here, but maybe I missed it. I made a few sabers a while back- mostly with NB boards and Tri Cree- and they all have recharge ports in them. I was about to start work on a new saber and really want to do a NeoPixel. I did not see anything in the NB4 or Prizim manuals about wiring a recharge port specifically in a Neopixel blade. Is it the same process? Are there any alternative options? I was thinking due to the blade plug- and the way it connects- there might be a way to recharge through the same "interface"- the TCCS neopixel hilt and blade side adapters? Any thoughts?

You can use the recharge ports, they wore up the same. The only “issue” is that there is a real question of if the JST connectors can withstand the hig amperage that a Neopixels require. Personally, I have hard wired the battery to the recharge ports.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

by hardwire I assume you mean solder and wire correct? So there is no "other" way? or method to recharge a saber like this? nothing through the hilt and blade side neopixel adapters right?

Hilt and blade side Neopixel adaptors? I though we were discussing recharging the battery.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

yeah- a long while back I thought I saw somewhere where you could charge the battery through a connection to the hilt side of the neopixel adapter? you remove the blade- and plug in a recharger with a modified "blade side" plug. easy peasy- no need for a recharge port. was I having delusions of grandeur?

I think may be suffering some residual carbon poisoning there, Han.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines