So am planning out my first build - and in for a penny, in for a pound as they say. The goal is to have the default be white (maybe a touch of blue in there) with the ability to cycle through the "traditional" colors of red/green/blue/purple, so was planning on going RGrB Tri-Cree XP-E2. However, I'd love some flash on clash goodness in there as well (planning on using the CFX so why not?!) so rethinking it now somewhat since I've read in multiple places that the only way of doing FOC with multi color is to go with an RGBW cree, which I'd obviously have to source elsewhere since alas TCSS doesn't sell them yet.

Neopixel builds, however, don't seem to have that limitation. Whatever colors, flash on clash, they'll even make you a cup of coffee when you're done. At the expense of lasting maybe 45 mins (less since I'm planning on a white/silver blade) unless I cram a 26650 in there.

Can someone bang my head against the wall and point out that my information about FOC with multiple colors using a tri-cree is inaccurate? Or should I be thinking Neopixel?