Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS Builder update?

Default MHS Builder update?

Hi all,

I wonder if the MHS builder will have new parts like Tsuba, curved extension, etc? Would love to be able to play around with those parts.

Also, another thing is that when I pick the powder coating option, I only see the solid option down the list (when all the part is colored) and I cannot see styles option. Is that only me with my browser? or it just not available anymore?

Thanks for all the answer.

I don’t believe the style options are currently available.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I was making a few sabers, and found I used pommel style 1 & 2 for all my designs. However I think I read somewhere these were originally for baton handles or something. Nowhere obvious on the builder or in store do I see it say they aren’t compatible as a normal pommel. I really like the idea of the end of a Saber being a single hole sound vent and more rounded pommel and also a bottom/end switch could be kinda funky. So can these two pommel styles screw to the end of a MHSV1 Saber?

Everything in the Saber Builder is compatible with MHSv1. Those two pommels were the originals used in the first MHS parts TCSS made, hence their numbers. Now there are other versions of the same pommels used for the tonfa handle parts and the MHSv2, but the ones in the Saber Builder are all MHSv1. When you go the actual TCSS store website, all the parts are organized so you know what version of MHS your browsing and buying for.

Hope that helps

The present Pommel style 1 and 2 actually came out after several of the MPS pommels - the original first MHS versions around 2005 or so were solid with no holes at all but similar in shape to MPS pommels 4 and 5 as well as a solid rounded one similar to present Pommel style 1 and a solid 'stepped' one similar to the Anakin ROTS prop endcap. They were very heavy and old timers had to drill our own holes or use sound venting elsewhere on the hilt. I still have a few hoarded for 'reverse sound' and 'stunt' sabers lol but the modern MPS and holed present Pommel style 1 and 2 etc. are much more convenient and work very well as normal pommels with other MHS v1 parts.

I know this thread has been quiet for a while, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any plans to update the builder since there have been several new parts added to the shop.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The new 3d builder will be live soon.. like hopefully next week.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

That's awesome news! Thank you!

Any word on the new 3d builder?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

It is close to being done enough to release but it has been delayed as my coder is stuck pulling orders currently lol
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop