Thread: Potentially fried board. How to confirm?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    When you have something that is normal open or normally closed, that’s basically a latching switch. I would try replacing it with a real momentary switch and see what happens.
    What do you mean by a "real momentary switch"? I thought a momentary switch is defined as a switch which (if in normally open state) will close only while the switch is held down, or (if in normally open state) will open only while the switch is held down (hence the term "momentary", as it only activates/deactivates in the moment(s) you hold it down).

Likewise, it's my understanding that a latching switch (if in normally open state) stays closed when pressed, or (if in normally closed state) stays open when pressed (hence the term "latching", as you are closing or opening a "latch", thus toggling the state until pressed again).

EDIT: I desoldered the NO1 and C pins, and the result is unchanged, so it doesn't appear to be the switch, as even when I connect the wires directly, there is no apparent change in the board state.
    Last edited by TheMohawkNinja; 02-24-2019 at 03:46 PM.