Thread: Neopixel config issue?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Neopixel config issue?

I managed to wire up a nano biscotte v4 to 2x ws2812b strips. 24 gauge wire on everything except the data line which is 30 gauge and 30 awg for the switch. Using a recharge port and currently hooked up to the 3400mah Panasonic battery offered at the store (waiting for my 10A battery). I have an 806 package SMD 470 ohm resistor mounted on the blade side PCB connector to bridge the pads. I have not installed a 470µF capacitor yet (wire to the +/- of just one strip or both?) but I intend on doing so tomorrow.

The saber totally works. It boots up, lights up, and cycles through the sound banks/colors properly. The problem is it will not scroll through the LEDs on ignition even though I have set lsfadeon and lsfadeoff to 1 and left lightstick at zero. I turned off flkr effects because I didn’t want to overdraw and the blade maintains a very steady blade color on each sound font except when FOC is activated. I have modified the qon and qoff parameters and the blade turns on according to those patterns but it comes on all at once instead of extending. FOC works as I have perscribed (all banks flash yellow). Hoping some of you may have insights and potential suggestions to help figure out where I messed up
    Last edited by LightsaberToothedTiger; 10-28-2018 at 10:50 PM.