Quote Originally Posted by steamboat28 View Post
Ok. I scrapped the choke because it was just aesthetic. I swapped out the main body for two double-female extensions separated by one of the double-male extensions with slits in it for the crystal chamber. My final length is down to 12.5" - 14.5", depending on where I put the activation box (to get the rc port out of the way of the chassis). That should clear me out some room to do the things I want to do, in theory.

As for the sound card, the Prizm may be a great board, but it's not enough cheaper to warrant it given my current budget. Same with the boards less expensive than the NBv4; I figure I'll either hang out at one of those two boards because a $90ish difference is something to fret over, whereas a $40ish one isn't as major a concern to me at the moment. The NB would be the better starting point, I agree.

Are all of the speaker holders set for threaded rods, or is that a thing I need to look for specific models for? How do we feel about activation boxes mechanically, not aesthetically? Do folks put controls at the rear of the saber often? Am I being too frustrating or question-y?
Hmmm, that design seems a bit familiar (looks a lot like my Padawan’s saber):

https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/inde...8041#msg648041

Usually, control boxes tend to go toward the front of the saber, and most speaker holders are “ready” with threaded holes for use in a TCSS chassis system. Your bottom half shouldn’t need to be very long. A 5” section should be good. Just keep in mind the
at the internal diameter of the pieces changes (the crystal chamber piece has a narrower ID than the other pieces.