First, I have scoured through posts on and off over the past few weeks before registering but I am having difficulty locating direct answers for the questions I have. If I am mistaken or missed something feel free to politely point it out. Thank you, in advance for sharing your knowledge and for any answers you may provide. I will try to keep my questions numbered and structured as yes or no answers so a simple corresponding number and yes or no will suffice for an answer. (I.e. #2. NO/ #1. YES).

1. Is a Cree XP-E2 single (1up) LED adequate for a basic saber? (5 degree lens Included)
2. Can the electronics from a $20.00 BB saber be used, if the power supply is upgraded and the Cree LED above is wired into it?
3. Would anything else in the blade builder electronics need upgrading besides the LED and power supply?
4. Is an LED, battery and switch all that is truly required to have a functional circuit?
5. Is a resistor essential?
6. Do the batteries used impact the output of the LED directly?

That is all for the 1st round. I seek knowledge, so please send me in any direction you think will help me.