Thread: It's time to emerge from the shadows...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default It's time to emerge from the shadows...

Hey guys,

Thanks very much for everything that has been posted across the forums. It's been a real inspiration to see what others have built, giving us a sneak peek into their time spent on our collective passion (Greenie reveals all was a huge kick in the momentum).

Also, thank you very much to Rob Petkau (madcow) for all of his very informative and easy to understand guides, helping me to get to grips of the challenges that I'm going to face when assembling my first saber. I'm really excited to finally be at the point now, where I've got my items in my shopping cart, and I'm ready to hit the purchase button... until that fear kicks in.

I'm looking at the videos that have been submitted on Youtube, building a basic saber, building a saber with sound, and things have changed quite a lot since they were originally submitted. Not living in the US, my shipping costs are pretty extortionate (I could nearly build a stunt saber for the price of the shipping)

And I was wondering if someone might be able to help me, by just running an eye over my shopping cart and telling me if I'm missing anything crucial, or have made a huge mistake somewhere along the lines. I've been on some very long flights recently, downloading the videos from youtube and running over them as much as I can, but I may have missed something along the way.

(Wasn't sure on the best way to make it easy to checkout, so I've put it as a wish list link below)
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...d-fdfaa8c1b2d8
    Edit: Also, I've just realised that I totally missed the power selection. It'd have to be something other than the lithium as.. international
    Edit 2: I'm also unsure about the AV switch that I've chosen as it's momentary instead of latching, and don't know if I need the small board to convert from one to the other when wiring to the NBv3
    Thanks very much in advance guys, and once again thank you for being so awesome.

I'd also like to mention that there will be a meeting between myself and a few creators in the next couple of days to maybe develop something for those that are looking to improve their dueling skills - but this may be some significant distance in the future. I'll be sure to update you if something comes up

Wishing you all the best
    Nx.
    Last edited by NxHunter; 12-26-2016 at 09:13 AM.