Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New guy here saying hello

Default New guy here saying hello

hello! As it says I'm new here (obviously). I took 2 of my daughters to our first Comic-con yesterday in Portland and I think I'm ready to start building a lightsaber for next year. I have always loved starwars as a kid and still at 36 yrs young. I was always a Jedi fan, and will finally after all these years be one eh, sort of haha. Anyways the forum and store are awesome. I just came across it an hour ago and a lot of questions have been answered already, but I'm sure I'll have more. But don't worry I research before I ask. Can't wait to start ordering parts!

Blog Entries

HELLOOOO JOE

Welcome!
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Welcome aboard!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

'S'up dude. Welcome to the party.

Welcome to the addiction...iii mean obsession...derr party...yeah what Greenie said.

Welcome indeed! I think building lightsabers is totally a logical step after going to Portland comic con with your daughters. Dare I say...it is your destiny!
    BinarySunsetDesign.wordpress.com

"Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky." -A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

Thanks guys for the welcome. I have warned my wife that my geek level is going to escalate drastically. I have tons of pictures and screen shots from the Internet for references, but is there any Jedi lore sites with images and stories? I know there are a ton of books out there, and I have a few that I should start reading lol.

Also, I am starting to get our youngest (she's 6) into starwars. She only knows about the new movie and a few names from the older movies from friends. I didn't realize how difficult it is to fill in someone that knows nothing about the stories lol.

Hahaha, yep geek levels have definitely drastically increased since joining this hobby! I'm also looking for Jedi lore or expanded universe resources for inspiration, let me know if you find some good sources

Nice, I think I was 6 or 7 when I first saw ANH, seems like a good age to introduce your daughter to Star Wars. Hmm yeah you're right, it must take a while to absorb all of the SW universe and stories. Learning SW is sort of like learning about an entire culture. It's a great time to get hooked, though, what with the new films charging out.
    BinarySunsetDesign.wordpress.com

"Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life; bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky." -A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.joe View Post
    Also, I am starting to get our youngest (she's 6) into starwars. She only knows about the new movie and a few names from the older movies from friends. I didn't realize how difficult it is to fill in someone that knows nothing about the stories lol.
    Cool My eldest is six, I introduced her to SW at a very early age and now she quotes the films and tv shows back to me. So I built her a lightsaber (blue one in my sig)
    As part of the original 'class of'77' I hope you show her the OT before the PT.

Greenie

Welcome to the party! I too have a youngling that I am guiding thru The Force. She turns 14 in December, but her training began very young as well (3 or 4) & she's even started designing her own mando armor.

There is a TON of info to be found here & it can be a little daunting, just take your time & go thru it slowly, but don't be afraid to ask questions!

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts