Thread: MHS Padawan Sabers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MHS Padawan Sabers

MHS Consular & Guardian Padawan Sabers

These are intended for munchkin use, so the primary goals here are durability and brightness.

THE DRAWING BOARD

• Both sabers will get the same hilt style as they are mean to be "training sabers", and 30" TransWhtie Battle Blades.
    • Both sabers will get Nano Biscotte v3, Tri Cree Stars, bass speakers, lighted 12mm AV switches, and 18650 3.7v rechargeable batteries (w/ recharge port). I'll hide them between the speaker and the pommel and stick with the default recessed switch holes that come with the main bodies.
    • Both chassis will be comprised of the LED Module v3 and Speaker Mount v6 (sled).
    • Both sabers will be loaded with SHOTO and YOUNGLING sound fonts. (both fonts by Madcow)

Consular Specifics
    Tri Cree Setup: Green/Green for the blade (0.47ohm/0.5w resistors), and White as a dedicated FoC (0.5ohm/3w resistor)
    Green Ring 12mm AV Switch - DynaOhm resistor

Guardian Specifics
    Tri Cree Setup: Blue/Blue for the blade (0.47ohm/0.5w resistors), and White as a dedicated FoC (0.5ohm/3w resistor)
    Blue Ring 12mm AV Switch - DynaOhm resistor

HILT DESIGN NOTES
    If more blade holders come into stock while I'm waiting for my budget window I will give each of their own style. Not quite sure what I'm doing for blade retention screws just yet. I'm leaning towards low profile set screws (like I used on Torch), but doing two or three of them to maximize their hold strength. If you have any thoughts on this please share them.
    Last edited by girot; 07-28-2016 at 09:29 AM.