THE GOOD NEWS: My 'used' speaker works just fine and the broken V6 sled works just fine, especially since I have to shoe-horn that speaker into it. Once my remaining orders come in (hopefully by wednesday/thursday) I'll be able to knock out both sabers in record time.

THE BAD NEWS: The repaired NB I have on-hand seems to be TOAST. I think it's the positive pad this time, so I can jumper it myself, but won't bother for now. I've got two brand new NB on order from TCSS, along with everything else I need to finish both sabers in an afternoon.

THE BADDER NEWS: I have no idea how to troubleshoot a battery and/or PCB, and I'm pretty sure I shorted mine when I was trying to attach it. I have no idea what the difference between the batteries I'm using now, and the last set I ordered (from the same guy), but I could NOT get solder to stick to these frackers to save my life. I'm putting the one I didn't potentially ruin in a safe place to play with later. The one I did wire up is going in the hazmat bin. I've since sourced some replacements that have soldering tabs pre spot-welded that should be much safer to use. Why don't I just use the TCSS versions? They go loooong periods of out-of-stockness.