Thread: making myself crazy. need help.

Default making myself crazy. need help.

Ok I am severely driving myself crazy. I'm trying to teach myself about electronics but without a bread board or at least a breadboard simulator I can't seem to learn anything. I'm trying to rig a rechargeable battery up to an induction charger attached to an igniter 2 which is controlled by a capacitive switch. The board will run at least one smart led that can be adjusted with a small potentiometer. I know what I want but not how to wire it. And I don't want to use real parts to test as if I burn out anything I won't be able to replace it. If someone can help me find a blood virtual breadboard that will test the wiring or can even draw up a diagram for me that would be great. A virtual render is preferred. Thank you in advance

Considering most of those things aren't sold here, I highly doubt that many, if anyone here would be able to help you out.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

i figured the capacitive switch would replace the standard switch and the inductive charging would replace the recharge port. its just wiring i cant figure out right now

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vand-Alar View Post
    Ok I am severely driving myself crazy. I'm trying to teach myself about electronics but without a bread board or at least a breadboard simulator I can't seem to learn anything. I'm trying to rig a rechargeable battery up to an induction charger attached to an igniter 2 which is controlled by a capacitive switch. The board will run at least one smart led that can be adjusted with a small potentiometer. I know what I want but not how to wire it. And I don't want to use real parts to test as if I burn out anything I won't be able to replace it. If someone can help me find a blood virtual breadboard that will test the wiring or can even draw up a diagram for me that would be great. A virtual render is preferred. Thank you in advance
    There is at least 1 simulation programs that you could use to breadboard it, but you will need to program the electrical specifications and variables for the LEDs, capacitive switch, and all the components of the soundboard. The software will also run you $5,000 for a yearly licence. When trying to push the boundaries like you are trying, it will inevitably take time and $$. I do it for a living, trust me there is not Cheep way to develop a quality product.

Perhapse you are confusing terms. A rendering software will give you a rendered image from a 3D CAD file...glamour shot of the product. What you are looking for is a Circuit Simulation software. The few that allow you to actually program your own components are full blown electrical engineering simulators, the ones that are drag and drop would be useless in this case...try digikeys it would be identical to 90% of the free or sub $1000 simulators.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 05-08-2016 at 02:39 PM.