Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wire Check

Default Wire Check

Hi All

after lots of thinking and running back and forth to drawing board and Manuel I finally re drew the wire Diagram. sorry for the big messy wires everywhere
    please let me know if the wires are correct or did i miss anything also I wanted to share how I came up with re calculating the Resistors for the Accent AV lights and the RGB LED crystal light and please let me know if that is correct.

so for the AV short momentary blue light I got a FV of 3.3 and the CF 7.5 have a V of 3.3 and I was thinking of using 18 mA so 3.3-3.3/.018 and I got =0

for AV momentary Red Ring I have FV of 2.1 so again 3.3-2.1/.018 and I got 67 ohm

for the 5 mm RGB LED light

I have:

red FV 2.0 so for this I got 3.3-2.0/.018 = 72 ohm
    Green FV 3.2 3.3-3.2/.018= 5.5 ohm
    Blue FV 3.2 3.3-3.2/.018= 5.5 ohm

CFv7_Step_05.jpgCFv7_Step_06.jpg

any Advice is greatly appreciated
    best
    Keivan

The first thing that I saw was that power extender. Why aren't you using the onboard power extender? Check page 41 of the crystal focus manual under the heading "4 channel wiring with the CEx (dual-cell recommended)"
    If you are not sure, ask. If you are sure, ask anyway, you may be enlightened.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkPhoenix View Post
    The first thing that I saw was that power extender. Why aren't you using the onboard power extender? Check page 41 of the crystal focus manual under the heading "4 channel wiring with the CEx (dual-cell recommended)"
    Because he is using a color extender in lieu of those two built in power extenders. He would need to use the Power extender for the 4th channel. Also, given his setup, an external PEX is the better way to go.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-21-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkPhoenix View Post
    thanks Dark Phoenix yeah as Forgetful Jedi Knight said I also looked thru the Manuel to see how the quad led set up is and that was the wire set up so i basically coped that.
    let me know if there is anything else that does not look right

best
    Keivan

@ Forgetfull Jedi Knight

Thank you for the explanation

best
    K

I was taking a look at the pictures, so you can wire all the negatives on the vandal switches together (LED - and Switch -)?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I was taking a look at the pictures, so you can wire all the negatives on the vandal switches together (LED - and Switch -)?
    Yes you can

Quote Originally Posted by Keivan View Post
    Hi All

after lots of thinking and running back and forth to drawing board and Manuel I finally re drew the wire Diagram. sorry for the big messy wires everywhere
    please let me know if the wires are correct or did i miss anything also I wanted to share how I came up with re calculating the Resistors for the Accent AV lights and the RGB LED crystal light and please let me know if that is correct.

so for the AV short momentary blue light I got a FV of 3.3 and the CF 7.5 have a V of 3.3 and I was thinking of using 18 mA so 3.3-3.3/.018 and I got =0

for AV momentary Red Ring I have FV of 2.1 so again 3.3-2.1/.018 and I got 67 ohm

for the 5 mm RGB LED light

I have:

red FV 2.0 so for this I got 3.3-2.0/.018 = 72 ohm
    Green FV 3.2 3.3-3.2/.018= 5.5 ohm
    Blue FV 3.2 3.3-3.2/.018= 5.5 ohm

CFv7_Step_05.jpgCFv7_Step_06.jpg

any Advice is greatly appreciated
    best
    Keivan
    Is there a way i could do a dry run of the wires with out soldering them just to see if everything works before I get to work?

best
    K

With that many connections? I don't think that would be a good idea. There's too many opportunities for something to come loose and touch the wrong spot, and then *poof*, you've let the magic smoke out.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

so Im assuming the diagram seem to be ok? should I get started?

K
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    With that many connections? I don't think that would be a good idea. There's too many opportunities for something to come loose and touch the wrong spot, and then *poof*, you've let the magic smoke out.