Thread: Need some help with electronics please!

Default Need some help with electronics please!

Hi I have been reading this forum for quite awhile but only recently joined because i couldn't find the information or help i needed. I am going to get put electronics in a blank hilt and was wanting to go with a petit crouton 3.5 and an RGrB or RGrBW LED that is as bright as i can do with that board to get a really good purple more on the blue spectrum rather than the pink. I would also like to get be able to mix other colors and get a lot out of them but for the most part it will be purple, just would be a nice option. Also i would like to know if i need to get more power or the color extender as well. I am sorry if this has been covered, I read for weeks trying to find this specific info and couldn't. Thanks in advance you guys rock!

Welcome to the Forums.

You can do quite well with the standard RGrB, and no the color extender isn't necessary. The "base" PC needs 7.4V, unless you perform the 3.7V hack. With that said, if you remain with the 7.4V, you will need to use external resistors for the blue and green LEDs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ok cool thank you so much! Do you have any suggestions for what LED? And would I be able to still use any color for flash on clash as well? And how big of resistors would I need? Thanks again

The Tri-Cree LED star is a good choice. They're currently the brightest LEDs sold at TCSS.

For resistors, check out the links in my signature.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Ok sorry I think I have it al figured out thank you guys very much!
    Last edited by seizethehonkuss; 03-19-2016 at 01:22 AM.

Hi. So I have the crystal focus because the petit crouton was sold out for now and I had a little extra money and I got it wired up and everything is working really good except it doesn't seem like the motion sensor is kicking those sounds on. The aux button sounds all work fine and ignitions and deactivation sounds work and switching fonts is all working just fine but it won't swing or clash. It didn't from the first time I fired it up and I have everything hooked up right as far as I can tell because the rest works fine. Do any of you have any advice?