Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another RED saber

Default Another RED saber

Howdy,
    I think its been awhile since I've posted. I was pretty happy with this one. Wanted to show it off a bit. As I don't name my hilts I just figured I would call it "another red saber". Definitely has that old republic look to it. Since that's my preferred era, I think its only fitting to keep building hilts from that time period. All the parts are from TCSS, including the sound board. Though from a time long long ago....or it seems.

The switches and recharge I wanted semi hidden, so I tried to blend the switches in with the weathering and scars. The kill key placement was where I found it to be mostly out of the way.

For the sound I figured I was building an "archaic" weapon, so why not use an archaic (at least in comparison to what is today) sound board. Like this PC2.0 I dug out of the bottom of the bin.

Last but not least....light. RED light

A tri-rebel R/R/W. The bass speaker gives it a nice ruble. Right now the font on it is KOTOR Sith (right? who would have figured) But I'm off to Saberfont to find an new one for the collection.
    Any comments or critique are always welcome. Thanks for looking.
    MTFBWYA

Wow, very cool. Love the emitter and weathering on this one.

Nicely done! I especially like the look of the weathering and the battle damage.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Blog Entries

Sweet saber once again sir.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Whenever I see your name in the thread, I know I'm gonna enjoy the pics. Great job as always.

Awesome.

Nice. I can just hear a mean sound when powered on :P Like a quick power on with a deep growly hum
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Very nice saber.
    I really like sabers with a slick and effective design and this is a very good example.

Once again, Awesome job Noyl. I'd love to have boards just kickin' around waiting for a hilt

That is a beautiful saber. I like the flow of the saber, and the weathering is awesome!