Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slave 1.5 - an MHS build

Default Slave 1.5 - an MHS build

Hi all.
    A couple years ago I built the Fine Molds Slave 1 kit, turned out pretty good. I had some MHS parts around, and I thought It'd be cool to try out the paint scheme on a saber.
    All the same techniques were used in finishing the saber. Same exact paints too, they may not be 100% to the movie, but that's ok. The chipping and weathering effects are done with masking fluid, weathered more with pastels. Also gave it 2 coats of matte clear at work, the finish is very durable.
    Some areas have up to 4 layers of paint, also added some kill stripes ala Fett's helmet. I tried to keep the lines and patterns fairly asymmetrical, as it is on the ship.
    There's a black triangular pattern in black on the emitter opposite the kill stripes, but it doesn't contrast well with the gray there ( it was an afterthought anyway )
    The 4-40 and 8-32 screws are just decorative, but they give a cobbled together and repaired a bunch kind of feel. Anyway, here goes.
    Tri-cree RRW
    NB 2 / pex
    red AV
    recharge port
    stock MHS parts

Thanks for looking
    -Darkmatter73

Blog Entries

Love it.

Ive been thinking about a theme build for a while and this makes me want to do it even more. I may go R2
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

That's real clever. I like very much

Wow! Awesome color scheme.

Now that's a paint job. Well played sir, well played.

Fantastic paint job!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Thanks very much everyone! I'm always nervous to post my own stuff, since most of the stuff I see makes my jaw drop =)

Absolutely gorgeous painting. It immediately conjures to mind Boba Fett, so well done!

What kind of paint did you use? Did you prep with any special primer (self etching)? Looks awesome!