Thread: Cree LED /w Soundboard. Correct circuit?

Default Cree LED /w Soundboard. Correct circuit?

Hi all,

I just needed a quick check on my logic before I plug into my breadboard and fry components.
    I am building internals with an Obsidian V4 Soundboard and a Tri-Cree star....which I think should be sufficiently bright.

I used the calculation "Vo + (Vf * LEDn) = Vin" or "-2 + (2.5 * 3) = 5.5" to get my input voltage for my 3 amber LEDs. I will wire these in parallel to avoid voltage drop
    I also found that my Anti-Vandal Switch LED prefers a voltage of 2V at 20mAh.

My plan is to use a 7.4v Li-ion battery for a nice loud speaker and to drive a constant 1000mAh current with a Buckpuck. I will use a 5.5V voltage regulator to bring it down but keep the current.
    I will also use a 2.1V voltage regulator with a 30mAh output for the AV switch LED.

I wanted to make sure that the design in my head is agreeable and to ask for help for any dumb mistakes as I am a novice at electronics. Thanks for the greatly needed help in advance!

saber.jpg
    Last edited by Jackal64; 02-20-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Very few (if any) here have experience with that sound board. Sorry.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com