Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Direct order from Plecter?

Yeah international shipping is not fun. I had some samples from a Korean electronics client held up at customs for 3 months before they even logged they had been received at the LA port.

That's the chance you take when shipping internationally and not a reflection of Plecter labs service. I've ordered from PL and received my buttered toast in two days, but i am in the UK. I've also ordered from TCSS and that only took three weeks to arrive but not before UK customs rifled through it and lost my speaker mount.
    IMO, now soundboards are being made in the US, they may sell out quick but they restock faster than they use to so you guys have no need source items internationally.

I thought Plecter was the source for the States?

Quote Originally Posted by bunger View Post
    I thought Plecter was the source for the States?
    They have been, but they have opened up a "manufacturing plant" in the states specifically for TCSS.

@Coldviz: Did you ever ask erv' about what happened? While I have heard of an instance or two where untracked packages got lost, 99% make it though just fine. Anything I ever ordered through the years always came to me.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    @Coldviz: Did you ever ask erv' about what happened? While I have heard of an instance or two where untracked packages got lost, 99% make it though just fine. Anything I ever ordered through the years always came to me.
    This might be part of the 1%
    I did contact Erv' and this was his reply:
    "There's unfortunately nothing I can do on my end as there's no tracking. It went out, that's all I know, our local postal facility works great and I haven't any issue to report recently."

I'll continue to look out for it just in case, but it's close to 8 months now so at this point, I've just about lost any hope of it arriving. Erv' pretty much said that I'd have to eat the loss, which sucks since I was hoping he'd have some way to help me out/make peace with the loss.
    But, I've learned my lesson and I'll be getting insured shipping with tracking and all that in the future should I get something internationally.
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

That's why everyone tends to "stay away" from "cheaper shipping options", they usually don't include some type of tracking or insurance. When you "go cheap" you assume a lot of risk.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    When you "go cheap" you assume a lot of risk.
    Very true. Just unfortunate to have learned that the hard way.
    I'm really glad TCSS now stocks the CF boards so I no longer have to deal with the international shipping and customs and all that.
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek