Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pico Crumble dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    I should wear my magnifiers more often. I totally misread that, obviously. Thanks for pointing that out.
    I am often at the mercy of my own forum readings unfortunately, sometimes I wonder about my reading proficiency lol. There was one time I messaged FJK about a detail about a post and it was literally the very first thing he stated in regular terms in the OP.

Because I want th ability to change blade colors, a NB is ruled out. Otherwise, I would definitely go that route.

You will want to keep in mind that the PICO CRUMBLE only has a finite number of times it can change the main blade, true its going to be a lot of times. The PICO runs exclusively off on board flash memory which can only be written and rewritten so many times before its no longer able to support any storage

this is why I am opting for the Prizm on my color changing build since i want to keep the 3.7 volt platform AND color change
    -Sidd-

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
    You will want to keep in mind that the PICO CRUMBLE only has a finite number of times it can change the main blade, true its going to be a lot of times. The PICO runs exclusively off on board flash memory which can only be written and rewritten so many times before its no longer able to support any storage

this is why I am opting for the Prizm on my color changing build since i want to keep the 3.7 volt platform AND color change
    Well... that is certainly something I didn't think about...

Quote Originally Posted by bunger View Post
    Well... that is certainly something I didn't think about...
    I was disappointed when I found that out because I had a few sabers I was going to toss that into.

I maybe wrong and I hope I am but that is my understanding of how the tech works
    -Sidd-

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
    I was disappointed when I found that out because I had a few sabers I was going to toss that into.

I maybe wrong and I hope I am but that is my understanding of how the tech works
    There are only a few pre-mixed "colors" you'll be able to choose from.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yes, it's true that flash memory can only be written and re-written a limited number of times. It's a really big number though. Just like LEDs have a limited lifespan...measured in the hundreds of thousands of hours.

That limit is unlikely to come into play. You'll replace the activation button a dozen times before that flash memory runs into write issues.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

The thing about the Pico Crumble is that it's not designed for on-the-fly colour changing. The colour changing feature is only so a smith doesn't have to worry about what colour of saber he's building; he can simply change the colour to the customer's request. If you want your saber to be able to change colours, use the PRIZM or some sort of potentiometer or connector setup.