Thread: "High Mounts" by e57

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default "High Mounts" by e57

They're two mostly-fridge saber hilts. One is an actual leftover fridge hilt with parts from TCSS scratch&dent auctions, and the other is a TOR Sith Marauder project that I finally fished out of a project drawer from at least 4 years ago. I got the switches mounted high up on the emitter head, which is why I called them "high mounts". There's really no secret behind these... just some good old fashion Fu and some layers to work with (vice solid aluminium).

First attempt at the sith marauder. This was based off the first two TOR centmatic trailers in 2010/2011. At some point, I decided that the head that I had originally fashioned was too small, so there it sat until just recently. The head shroud is from a Parks Axis, and the pommel is an MHS tonfa ring and MPI#12 - there's an extra screw in the d-ring mount to keep the d-ring tight. The grip is also a parks... thing... it was in a graflex that I got from acerocket; it's wicked old. The rest is raw aluminium and brass.

New fridgesaber

Cannabalized parts from an older fridgesaber and tcss left overs. Actually, the pommel and chassis disks are technically new, since I had used them in anything yet... but so is the butter still in the wrap. A little black pc here some brass and filed acrylic there and *poof* fridgy happiness.

Nice sabers. That 12mm switch in the blade holder is awesome!

Blog Entries

Nice. I especially like the fridge saber.

These are a work of art. Awesome! How is that AV switch even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    How is that AV switch even possible?
    That's just Master level Cram-Fu. Eastern can do some magic with his sabers.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Very nice indeed! Old school, but not short on new tricks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconWizard View Post
    Very nice indeed! Old school, but not short on new tricks!
    Haven't you heard? There's no school like the old school?

E, you continue to amaze and inspire me to want to build something like this again myself, excellent work as always!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Nice fridge sabers! I'm digging the look of the switches on the blade holder.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

LOL @ "Master-lvl cram-fu"...

Little known fact: back in '09, I was having a humbling conversation with Judge, LDM, Jay, and a few other old skoolers... I was beating myself up for lacking the necessary FUs... "I got no dremel-fu, no machine-fu, no shiny-polish-bling-fu, no spare-ware-improv-fu - but I got cram-fu, and I'll make it work..."

I see it has caught on.